2 Quick Questions Here....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    I would add one more thing . . . if you're going to use one of the "Lil" or Rails pups, you won't be able to do a mag flip for humbucking. So you may want to do this slight mod to have neck-side coils and remain humbucking. The two coils on these pups are close enough together that it shouldn't impact the sound.

Click image for larger version

Name:	zozoe2.png
Views:	187
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	6217243
    If he splits to screw coils, isn't that redundant? Because the red-white will be going to hot. Looks like, in that case, the mod would just be connecting hot to hot?

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

If he splits to screw coils, isn't that redundant? Because the red-white will be going to hot. Looks like, in that case, the mod would just be connecting hot to hot?
      I see what's causing the confusion, and it messed with me too. That diagram shows two full-sized humbuckers. With regular humbuckers, you rotate the neck 180 deg's so that the stud coils are inside. So, (without a mag flip), you'd want one stud coil and one screw coil in order to be hum-cancelling. But you don't do that with "Lil", or rails pups. With those, you actually want inside or outside coils, to be hum-cancelling.

My diagram shows using inside coils, but the OP wanted outside coils. So, the bridge red/white should short to the bridge black wire, and the neck red/white should short to ground. (Which is the same as shorting to green.)

I could redraw that diagram if necessary.

Comment

yes ARTIE TOO,, kindly redraw for the outer coils, w/5-way lever.
        thnx a mill....

Comment

Originally posted by zozoe View Post
          yes ARTIE TOO,, kindly redraw for the outer coils, w/5-way lever.
          thnx a mill....
          Will do. I'll have it tomorrow. Maybe tonight. I'm in a "lazy" mood just now. Happens more and more often now that I'm retired.

Comment

Working...
          X