Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my BG1400 order in

Hey everyone

I plan on converting my 50's road worn tele into an esquire with modified wiring. I've been wanting to try a BG1400 for a while and even though it was recently moved to standard production line I had planned to put a custom shop order in for one with antiquity cosmetics treatment so it will match my guitar. I currently have a 1/4 pound tapped tele pickup in the bridge that the custom shop did for me with the antiquity cosmetics treatment. If anyone wants this bridge pickup for $75 let me know.
    I asked them if they were able to tap the BG1400 for a vintage noiseless output option and they were not because it would bulge too much to fit in the bridge plate and it would require 2 additional holes drilled into the baseplate that isn't that big already so I understand. I'm going to replace the neck with a U shaped esquire roasted maple neck and an esquire pickguard and when I wire the BG1400 up I'm going to have a volume and no load tone pots and a 4 way switch. On the 4 way I'm going to wire it so it's like 1) series 2) parallel 3) series straight to output jack 4) parallel straight to output jack the volume and tone pot will be in circuit in positions 1&2 but the no load tone pot can be removed from either position. What do you guys think? Below is a pic of the way the tele looks now.
    Attached Files
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

ive honestly not tried a stack in parallel. id think it might be pretty weak, but who knows. someones gotta try it, might as well be you! that said, if that doesnt work out, id wire it for series, then split. split is brighter and actually a bit louder than series with a stack like this. great pup but ive only played it in series

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
      ive honestly not tried a stack in parallel. id think it might be pretty weak, but who knows. someones gotta try it, might as well be you! that said, if that doesnt work out, id wire it for series, then split. split is brighter and actually a bit louder than series with a stack like this. great pup but ive only played it in series
      Assigning the split to one of the positions might be an option I was just worried about the 60 cycle hum, I've never really split a stack like this is it very bad with the noise?
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

The stock Esquire wiring makes a lot of sense to me: 1. No Tone, 2. Adjustable Tone, 3. Pre-set Tone. Could you do that with a Push/Pull for Series/Parallel?

Comment

I say add a Secret Agent pickup and have something that is utterly lethal.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I say add a Secret Agent pickup and have something that is utterly lethal.
            What is the tone like on the secret agent compared to a regular tele neck pickup? I've never really heard anything about this pickup, I've heard of it but that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

What is the tone like on the secret agent compared to a regular tele neck pickup? I've never really heard anything about this pickup, I've heard of it but that's about it.
              The one I heard was bigger and rounder than a regular Tele neck pickup.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

there will be 60 cycle hum but ive never found it to bad. others may differ in their opinion but i think its very rig dependent

Comment

Working...
                X