Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know where to post this but I think the majority of our members visit here so here it is.

Yesterday I received an email notifying me of a SD forum private message. When I opened it & responded then tried to send it, I got an error message. I've tried to respond several different ways from my email and from this forum but still got the same error (I think it was 503).

I have to admit that I am very challenged when it comes to computer and internet stuff.

In my efforts to overcome what problem existed, I noticed that I have received MANY private messages over the past few years which I probably never saw nor responded to. And so that is the reason for this overly verbose post...

I just wanted to apologize to all of you who have messaged me and didn't get a response. I was not intentionally ignoring any of you. I hope you all understand and can forgive me for this "oversite".

Perhaps a moderator can email me with all details of how to reply to PMs (also how to restore my avatar of Yoda). Thanks guys
    Originally Posted by IanBallard
    Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

It isn't much different than posting in the forum. There is a box where you enter your replay and hit send. But I haven't experienced an issue with what I send not being sent. Usually, it shows up in the conversation, like texting does. Anyone else get error messages in the private messaging system?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I believe messages are subject to the same link/image/URL problems that posts have, with regard to editing and getting a 503. I haven't had a problem if it's just text, but if I reply, and there's a link, I have to delete the link, otherwise I get the 503.

Comment

I was only trying to send text...no images or links.

I have occasionally had a similar experience just trying to edit a previous post on the forum, but not consistently.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I miss seeing the Yoda avatar...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
            I was only trying to send text...no images or links.

I have occasionally had a similar experience just trying to edit a previous post on the forum, but not consistently.
            Editing posts always gives me an error, too. But I hadn't seen one with private messages.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X