Antq Ii H'buckers vs. Alnico II pups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antq Ii H'buckers vs. Alnico II pups

I own a 59/Hybrid brick pup which & sounds full, pretty beefy & a full spectrum sound..... i've that the Antiquities of lesser output, perhaps a bit lite,, but still able to dial in a fuller & chunky early H'bucker sound? thnx

59/C has an A5 magnet. It would have bigger and tighter lows even if it weren't wound beefier.
    A5 also tends to give glassier highs and a more aggressive attack character.

As for an Ant II set vs another vintage output A2 set like the Seth Lovers, their lows should be fairly similar.
    I'd call them sweet but I wouldn't consider them beefy myself.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Listen to the demos and consider what style you'll be playing. The neck pickup sounds epic clean or dirty as you can hear in the demo. Middle position is middle position. The bridge sounds like any PAF if you turn up the volume and gain, works fine. Sounds pretty lite played clean, almost like a single coil.

The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Regular Antiquites aren't 'full and chunky' at all, and large amounts of gain can result in feedback. I'd recommend Antiquities if your style really depends on right hand dynamics, with a lightly overdriven sound (or dead clean), as that is what these pickups excel at.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X