banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tabs on Push/Pull Tone Pot interfere with the pickguard, safe to bend them away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tabs on Push/Pull Tone Pot interfere with the pickguard, safe to bend them away?

Sorry for the novice question

I am wiring up a pickguard for the first time and I am using a push/pull for the tone and the tabs make it so the pot doesn't sit flush on the pickguard, is it safe to carefully bend them away?

Click image for larger version  Name:	tabs.png Views:	0 Size:	136.1 KB ID:	6217855
    Last edited by WildBil52; 01-31-2023, 01:11 PM.

You can cut them off. Or bend them. Sometimes they help contact the ground plane of what they are installed to, but if your pickguard isn't shielded, they don't do anything.

Comment

yeah, bending them over is fine, but they easily break off. either way, not a big deal. i usually take em off cause they are in the way, every once in a while they are useful though

Comment

Just clamp 'em with snub nose pliers and pull back, they'll break right off and won't cause any issues with your guitar wiring.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Awesome, thanks everyone!

Comment

Yeah, I've bent them off dozens of times.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X