Duncan Quarter Pound Stack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Quarter Pound Stack?

Has anyone custom ordered a Quarter Pound Stack? It seems like in this era of noiseless pickups along with the huge 80’s retro revival a quiet Quarter Pound would be awesome. This goes for the Strat and Tele. It also seems to me that a side by side QP Jazz Bass would be awesome, especially packaged as PJ with the QP Precision.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

They can do quarter pound stack?

Didn't know that, but I like the idea. The quarter pounder for strat is underrated, but very noisy.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
      They can do quarter pound stack?

Didn't know that, but I like the idea. The quarter pounder for strat is underrated, but very noisy.
      I’ve not called because I don’t have an immediate use, but it seems like it would be a cool product.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

ive had the custom shop make a qp "single coil" bass stack, like old school 1951 style. it sounded awesome and i think dusty hill from zz top used a similar thing in some basses

Comment

There must be some reason this wouldn't work as well as it might seem to. One complaint about the QP is the additional louder hum. Seems like a stack version would solve that, but maybe it does something weird to the sound.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            ive had the custom shop make a qp "single coil" bass stack, like old school 1951 style. it sounded awesome and i think dusty hill from zz top used a similar thing in some basses
            Based on that, the side by side noiseless QP Jazz seems absolutely feasible, doesn’t it? And if it ended up a little more powerful a la the Model J, that just means even more balance with the QP Precision?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I think a noise gate would be cheaper than ordering off the Custom Shop, LOL. And probably would sound less different as well.

I love how the QP in my Esquire, and my noise gate has no problem handling it at all. Even for high-gain metulz.

Just throwing another option out there.
              Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 02-06-2023, 03:53 PM.

Comment

a single coil p bass stack is different than a split p bass pup. and a split p should already be humcancelling so why do you want a stack?

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                  a single coil p bass stack is different than a split p bass pup. and a split p should already be humcancelling so why do you want a stack?
                  A QP PJ setup. I like the QP jazzes but i only use them both full up due to noise and I like the P as well. A noiseless PJ set seems awesome.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

ah, gotcha. again they made me a single coil p bass stack, so im sure they could do a qp jazz stack too. its a tall pup though, i was building the bass from scratch so i made sure the rout was deep enough, maybe in the bridge of jazz bass, it wont be an issue though

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      I think a noise gate would be cheaper than ordering off the Custom Shop, LOL. And probably would sound less different as well.

I love how the QP in my Esquire, and my noise gate has no problem handling it at all. Even for high-gain metulz.

Just throwing another option out there.
                      Noise gates are a very different thing. I absolutely hate what they do to the feel- I'd rather solve any noise issue another way.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

im 100% with you on that dave. though neither of us play metal.

Comment

Well, to be fair, making a stacked QP is going to change the tone and feel as well compared to an original one.

Comment

yes, thats true, but the one i had sounded awesome

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I’ve not called because I don’t have an immediate use, but it seems like it would be a cool product.
                              The Quarter pound sounded fantastic in the neck along with a JB in the Charvel DiMartini SnakeSkin. I would like to try a noiseless one.
                              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                              X