Wiring Diagram for Series -Parallel and phase reverse please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring Diagram for Series -Parallel and phase reverse please

Hello there, I just bought a Little 59 Tele bridge pup.
    I found the diagram for series parallel on tone as well as a phase reverse diagram, but I can't seem to link the two....
    My phase switch only works on one side, when I flip, I have total silence...
    That particular diagram does not show up in the resources here.
    thanks
    Last edited by HappyChicken; 03-13-2023, 07:30 PM.

Welcome to the forum!

Can you post the diagrams you are working from?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Probably easiest/simplest to use the phase switch to reverse your neck pickup, if that's practical.
      If both are used on the bridge pickup, then the phase switch needs to be downstream of the series/parallel switch.
      You want it to reverse the hot lead after series/parallel switching, going to the 3-way pickup selector.
      "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Hi, thanks for the replies.
        I used the diagram that came with the pickup for the series-parallel, works great.
        Then I'm taking the out to the 3 way and sending that to my phase reverse switch.
        I think the issue might be with grounding?
        I'm using common ground on the phase switch, all the original pickup wires are on the pushpull tone switch as on the diagram.
        As you describe it, I should be good.

Comment

i think i always wired the phase switch before the series parallel, not after. id have to draw it out to see if your way would work

Comment

I think you are correct that the issue is a grounding one The bare wire cannot go to the OOP switch with the green wire.. You need to separate the green and bare wire so when the green wire connects to the hot side via the phase reversal the bare wire is still "grounded" I hope that makes sense.

Comment

i always ground the bare wire separately

Comment

Well I won't be unsoldering the tone pot with the pup wires on it. I can't stand undoing a meticulously done wiring job!
                See the pic, if you are saying all I have to do is take the green wire and put it on the switch then thats fine.
                If I have to rewire, forget the phase reverse...
                :-)

Comment

You need to take the bare wire off the switch and solder it direct to a ground point.

Comment

yay!. not so difficult, ok thanks...

Comment

Working...
                    X