Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendrix pickup: let's clarify

Hi guys,

could you tell me the differences between the following pickups?

- Jimi Hendrix™ Signature Strat

- Jimi Hendrix Custom - set

And between these?

- Jimi Hendrix™ Signature Loaded Pickguard (Standard)

- Jimi Hendrix™ Signature Loaded Pickguard (Voodoo)

thanks a lot!

Welcome to the forum.

The Signature Strat are the production version of the Custom set. The Custom set is sold out, you can't get it anymore, unless you find it used. The Custom set came in a signed box, wound and signed by Seymour Duncan himself. Production version is wound on the shop floor by current employees who make all the pickups.

I believe originally the loaded pickguard was offered in two versions: one with standard stagger and normal tilting bridge pickup, while the "voodoo" version had reverse/left-hand stagger and the bridge reverse-tilted, like a left-hand strat but in a right-hand pickguard.

Now I only see the Signature loaded guard with reverse stagger and reverse tilting bridge pickup available on the web site. Be aware you will need to make sure your guitar is routed to allow a reverse tilt bridge pickup.

Comment

yep. think that covers it. i have the voodoo set. they sound really good but it took me a while to dial in the pup heights do to the reverse stagger of the magnets and me using a normal 11-50 set of strings. ive liked a reverse slant strat (or tele) bridge pup for a long time so this seemed like a cool thing to try. the pups are kinda between a late 50's and mid 60's strat pup. seems like they use older style wire, with later style wind.

Comment

Thank you very much guys for the welcome and for your help! I don't speak english very well but I think I understand. Just another question:

I have a "Jimi Hendrix Fender Stratocaster (made in mexico)":
        https://www.fender.com/it-IT/electri...145802305.html

Can I use both the "standard" and the "voodoo" loaded pickguard? Or maybe I can only use the "voodoo"?

Anyway, which one is closer to the Hendrix original sound?

Thanks again for your patience

Comment

You may have to look under your pickguard to see if the reverse slant bridge pickup has room under there. Also, there is a chance the holes for the screws in the pickguard may be slightly off for non-USA Strats. That doesn't mean it can't work, but you might have to relocate some holes (this would be invisible once the pickguard is on).
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X