New HSS Lari Basilio set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New HSS Lari Basilio set

Interesting HSS set, and I am a huge fan of white and gold.

https://www.seymourduncan.com/single...t/lari-basilio

"Both single coils feature Alnico 5 magnets under the low strings. Alnico 4 magnets sit under the high strings of the neck pickup, and Alnico 2 magnets are under the high strings of the middle pickup."

The multi magnet setup is interesting, see many people doing that with single coils. I believe the bridge is A5?

What are your thoughts? As an HSS fan its nice to have a full set that was designed all together.
    Last edited by krovatron; 03-16-2023, 01:40 PM.

the bridge pup actually is one im most interested in, 9.2k and a5? sounds like a cool pup. the neck and middle sound nice too, i like the mixed magents and the tele size with a strattier tone

Comment

I m also interested in this bridge pickup, looks like cool specs.
      It's funny how some stories became historic,
      especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Been wondering when these would be released, as the guitar has been available for a while now. Interesting looking spec and cool to see a dedicated HSS set.

The medium heat hb space seems to be more sparsely occupied than PAF and hot end of the scales among various pu makers, so this one is interesting for sure.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Looks like a pretty ideal set. The samples, the video and the BMT slope makes me think the bridge might be an A4 or A2 pickup; but they didn't put any information about it. The magnet mix on the singles reads like a brilliant set up to me.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
            Looks like a pretty ideal set. The samples, the video and the BMT slope makes me think the bridge might be an A4 or A2 pickup; but they didn't put any information about it. The magnet mix on the singles reads like a brilliant set up to me.
            It says on the SD product page for the set that it is an alnico 5 magnet in the bridge.
            It's funny how some stories became historic,
            especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
            But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

It says on the SD product page for the set that it is an alnico 5 magnet in the bridge.
              Interesting. It has some thick mids for an A5 type of bridge.

Comment

Working...
              X