banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any experience with TV Jones Powertron Plus (soapbar) pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with TV Jones Powertron Plus (soapbar) pickups?

Hi all,

I have this 1975 Gibson Deluxe, and it is a hell of a guitar, sorta my number 1. The neck (with a stock mini measuring 6.1K or so) is to die for. The bridge can give me lots, and lotsa tones, from tele kinda spank and clarity to thick PAF territory (when pushed with GE fuzzfaces or treble boosters).

The problem is the match between the two positions. I am sure you guys know what I am talking about. At home, when I can change the setup of the amp and pedal configuration, I don't have any problems with this guitar. Yet, in rehearsals and gigs, it is a problem.

So for a while, I have been entertaining the idea of going SD Custom shop and getting an HB in a p90 cover. Brobucker (which I have 3) would be a great fit, even though I think I'd stick to 9.40K kinda levels instead of going all the way to 10K.

Yet another option is the PowerTron + from TV Jones. After all, that's what Billy Gibbons got from them, and I love his tastes. Sorta PGb in a soapbar size. It is a bit cheaper, and I would not have to go through the whole ordeal of customs, etc.

While at it lemme ask about DiMarzio Super D as well; they do them in soapbar sizes as well. That option is the easiest and cheapest...

I'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance.

B
    FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;
Working...
X