SD + standard tele pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SD + standard tele pickup

How should I wire a standard tele pickup (neck) with a SD quarter pounder at the bridge? I've wired it up and the middle position sounds thin. Do I need to switch one of the pickups round? I wired both white wires to 'hot' and the SD logo is the right way up (facing up if the guitar is vertical). Yish77
    Last edited by Yish77; 04-01-2023, 10:21 AM.

When you say "standard tele pickup", do you mean a Fender-brand neck pickup? Fenders are out of phase to Duncans, so you'd have to flip the hot and ground on one or the other, but not both. It doesn't matter if you reverse hot/ground on the neck or the bridge, just pick one. I'd do which ever one is easier to unsolder and resolder.

Comment

Ta muchly. I just tried switching the neck pickup round, but it doesn't fit backwards, so to speak, as there's a lip that sticks out.

Comment

Yes, it's a Fender pickup (US Standard Tele).

Comment

Originally posted by Yish77 View Post
          Ta muchly. I just tried switching the neck pickup round, but it doesn't fit backwards, so to speak, as there's a lip that sticks out.
          To clarify, you have to rewire one of the pickups. Fender and Duncan are out of phase electrically. Turning a pickup around physically doesn't change anything electrically.

Comment

Yes, it is just disconnecting the 2 leads off of one one the pickups and switching them around. It doesn't matter which pickup you do this to.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
            X