No announcement yet.

Introducing the HyperSwitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, but does it do bridge straight to output, no volume and no tone?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
      Obviously not, or the switch couldn't control it.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Comment

I plan on getting one for my strat that has 3 humbuckers. I noticed today that Sweetwater just happens to be offering 150 bonus bucks with the Mark V that I'm about to purchase so I think I will be using those bonus bucks from the amp for the hyper switch.
          It's funny how some stories became historic,
          especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

I was just being silly, hahaha. It is a very neat idea for the people that want that kind of versatitlity. Killer invention, TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
              I plan on getting one for my strat that has 3 humbuckers. I noticed today that Sweetwater just happens to be offering 150 bonus bucks with the Mark V that I'm about to purchase so I think I will be using those bonus bucks from the amp for the hyper switch.
              It has been available as a Sweetwater exclusive for the last month, but should be in wide release now.

Comment

Surprised to see the skepticism. This switch looks to achieve so many goals without ever getting into a control cavity. Makes custom wiring accessible to so many more people, too. I can see this being a big hit if it's marketed well.
                Last edited by alex1fly; 04-13-2023, 08:55 AM.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                  Originally posted by Mincer View Post

You can bypass the tone controls at least.

Comment

Here is a third party demo. Playing and messing with the app starts at around the 20 minute mark.

Last edited by TVFV; 04-13-2023, 09:00 PM.
                    "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                      Surprised to see the skepticism. This switch looks to achieve so many goals without ever getting into a control cavity. Makes custom wiring accessible to so many more people, too. I can see this being a big hit if it's marketed well.
                      I can also see it being useful to try out a bunch of combos in a guitar before hardwiring your favorites to a superswitch (if possible).

Comment

Will it work well with an Everything Axe™ Loaded Pickguard? Im sure it will, but the middle pickup only has three poles on each coil, will this cause wierd tone issues, or no worries?

Comment

you wouldnt want to split the coils on the middle pup, but other than that you should be able to find a lot of great tonal options

Comment

It works well with all kinds of 3 pickup guitars: humbuckers or singles, it doesn't matter. I tried this in an HSS Charvel, and it is remarkable.

Comment

at work, can't watch vids yet, but if the battery dies does the guitar go silent or does it work like a normal passive switch until a new battery is in place?

Comment

Originally posted by RanchManSandy View Post
                                at work, can't watch vids yet, but if the battery dies does the guitar go silent or does it work like a normal passive switch until a new battery is in place?
                                Good question, I will try to track that down.

EDIT: according to the instructions (most questions are answered here):

Functional Range: 2100hrs. This use case would be minimal App pairing time and using the HyperSwitch for playing.
                                • Paring Range: 6hrs. This use case would be pairing to the App continuously, never disconnecting from the App or going into sleep mode.
                                • HyperSwitch must have power to work – a *dead battery will result in no sound
                                • HyperSwitch does not require the App to be on to work in the guitar (normal playing)

Comment

Working...
                                X