No announcement yet.

Introducing the HyperSwitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh man I didn't know it had to have a battery to work (duh). I will have to see if I have room in the strat cavity for the battery. I also can't believe that SD didn't make this able to do parallel coils in phase. Still seems like a killer product though. I wander if it is possible for them to make a software update to enable parallel modes or would they have to design a new actual piece of hardware (switch)?
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

You know, I had the nutty idea of running a Stack in the neck, a Cool Rails in the middle and full HB in the bridge awhile back. This switch may help that nutty idea come to life.
      Last edited by TVFV; 04-13-2023, 05:42 PM.
      "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
        Oh man I didn't know it had to have a battery to work (duh). I will have to see if I have room in the strat cavity for the battery. I also can't believe that SD didn't make this able to do parallel coils in phase. Still seems like a killer product though. I wander if it is possible for them to make a software update to enable parallel modes or would they have to design a new actual piece of hardware (switch)?
        A single pickup can be in parallel.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Ok I didn't see that in the instructions, I'll look again but I thought it was just OOP parallel coils- or is that OOP parallel pickup combination? If this can out a single humbucker in parallel that's all I can ask for. Thanks for pointing that out I'll check again.
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

I didn't see it in the descriptions under humbuckers in the instructions but I do see the graphic of the cell phone screen and under that menu I see the parallel option but it's not in the instructions. Have you tried the parallel mode on the phone menu out yourself and Is that indeed what it is?

Comment

Ok I didn't see that in the instructions, I'll look again but I thought it was just OOP parallel coils- or is that OOP parallel pickup combination? If this can out a single humbucker in parallel that's all I can ask for. Thanks for pointing that out I'll check again.
              Two, or three, humbuckers can do the parallel thing. Let's say we're talking about a Black Beauty. Or a Strat with three "little" humbuckers. (Hot Rails, Cool Rails, Lil 59, etc.) This switch would let you do, say, neck screw with middle stud. And, middle screw with bridge stud. You get the sweet parallel tone, and it remains humbucking. The switch is cool in those scenarios.

Comment

Wait, I thought earlier it was shown red+white are joined on a lug, so you can't make an individual pickup parallel in-phase? (The manual only describes an individual pickup parallel out-of-phase, but two directions, e.g. you can flip the overall polarity but not change the out-of-phase relationship of parallel coils.)

Can we get a clear official response on this?

Comment

This would be pretty cool to see implemented on a Squier level guitar if they could get the price down.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I didn't see it in the descriptions under humbuckers in the instructions but I do see the graphic of the cell phone screen and under that menu I see the parallel option but it's not in the instructions. Have you tried the parallel mode on the phone menu out yourself and Is that indeed what it is?
                    What I used was a prototype version, and a single pickup could indeed be in parallel.

Comment

150 bucks and only available, so far, as a five way blade.

There's quite a bit you can already do with a $30 Fender superswitch, moreso with a push pull or three thrown in, but I guess itll appeal to the young'uns who cant / wont master a wiring diagram and a soldering iron or for those who like endless tinkering.

Ten out of ten for innovation though.

Comment

Let's face it, it is a PITA to track down diagrams and re-wire a Strat superswitch at will This lets you save entire configurations as banks on your phone. Come up with something especially cool? Hardwire it with a superswitch, and throw the Hyperswitch in the next guitar!

Comment

It's not something I'll be rushing out to buy (I'm not saying I would never buy one).

Nevertheless I applaud SD for the innovation involved and think it's great that they've put so much effort into finding new ways of doing things.

Even if I may never use one, the idea is still great.

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
                            Even if I may never use one, the idea is still great.
                            I agree. You gotta start somewhere.

Comment

I could see this tech being available for LP toggle switches, and eventually with rechargeable batteries. I applaud that you don't have to solder, so it might have a bigger audience for those that are afraid of the iron.

Comment

USB rechargeable would have been the smartest addition. Don't even need to remove a plate.

Comment

Working...
                                X