Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introducing the HyperSwitch!

Check out the HyperSwitch!

Gone are the days of reading wiring diagrams, and the trial-and-error experimentation with the soldering iron. Instead, rewire your guitar with the touch of your phone. The Seymour Duncan HyperSwitch™ system is the merging of traditional and technological platforms that empowers guitarists of all skill levels to effortlessly and immediately change the wiring configuration of their passive pickups.
    A result of considerable research and development, the patent pending HyperSwitch™ is a powerful and uber functional active 5-way blade that is compatible with most passive pickups. Design, store, and recall your custom pickup configurations with the easy-to-use mobile app. HyperSwitch™ pairs with your smart phone via Bluetooth and runs on a 9v battery.
    Using the mobile app, a player with 3 humbuckers, for example, will be able to configure their pickups in hundreds of possible ways! The mobile app can be found in Apple’s App Store for iOS devices and the Google Play Store for Android devices.

I've used this, and it makes a lot of my favorite wiring schemes very easy. You don't have to have your guitar connected to your phone all the time, just on the initial setup (or to switch switching schemes). Amazing technology.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Nice. I saw this when it first came out and I wasn't too impressed but after actually thinking about the possibilities I'm ready to give it a shot. I've got a partscaster I need to assemble a pickguard for and it has 3 humbuckers so I'm going to put one of the hyper switches in it and see what happens. Literally hundreds of pickup combinations without rewiring-sign me up. $150 is a little steep I thought at first but for all it can do WITHOUT REWIRING it's worth it. It's solder less connected at the switch too so reusing and transferring to different guitars won't be a problem. I think this is a really cool thing it just took me a second thought to come around.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

I think as more understand the possibilities it will gain some interest. You can save banks of 5 positions (in any order), and send them to the guitar whenever you want. For someone like me that uses a pretty screwy selection of positions on the 5 way, it would be a lot easier. Also, it would make it super easy to try a bunch of ideas without having to open up the guitar, which is a pita on Strats.

Comment

The biggest benefit I can see is if you have at least 2-3 pickups that allow useful coil combinations that exceed the ability of 'typical' 5-way switches. Like a programmable Freeway switch.

Definitely an interesting innovation. I didn't see this one coming. Good for Duncan.

Comment

Strong pass; stick to pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
              The biggest benefit I can see is if you have at least 2-3 pickups that allow useful coil combinations that exceed the ability of 'typical' 5-way switches. Like a programmable Freeway switch.

Definitely an interesting innovation. I didn't see this one coming. Good for Duncan.
              Wait. Did you say a programmable Freeway switch?
              If so, I've got a spot for that.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                Wait. Did you say a programmable Freeway switch?
                If so, I've got a spot for that.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk
                It only has 5 positions, but from what I saw, you can program various uhm, banks. Like: bank 1 (with positions 1 through 5), bank 2 (with positions 1 through 5) and with bluetooth connectivity you get to select the bank.

I see many potential benefits here. It's a great tool for live musicians because they get to have the out of phase tone in bank 1, but stratty regular tones in bank 2, etc.

Comment

I think this would be a great tool for a studio musician. For my needs, I need a great bridge, neck, and split tone. In some cases, out of phase. Those selections suit most of my needs and are easy enough to wire up in most of my guitars.

Comment

Cool! This would be pretty awesome for anyone new to wiring stuff up who wants to try all the different combinations and see what works best for them.
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                      Strong pass; stick to pickups.
                      It uses pickups. It is just a switch.

Comment

Comment

Overkill, but good for someone who wants to explore different options without rewiring.

Once you find the combinations you like, you can wire them with a $30 superswitch.

Or just use a push/pull with a superswitch for ten tonal options.

Comment

I get confused with my S1 sw and super sw…this thing would leave me lost in space…but if had been around when I was first exploring various configurations it would have saved me a ton of time spent re,re,re-wiring!

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
                              I get confused with my S1 sw and super sw…this thing would leave me lost in space…but if had been around when I was first exploring various configurations it would have saved me a ton of time spent re,re,re-wiring!
                              If you get confused, the app lets you know what is programmed currently on the switch.

Comment

Working...
                              X