Introducing the HyperSwitch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Well, a switch is a switch, so I'd assume, depending on the pickups, it would work on a bass as well especially if you have a 5 way.
    Hi as a bass builder how would be the switching on such kind of PU Config ?
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by RinaldisBass View Post

Hi as a bass builder how would be the switching on such kind of PU Config ?
      If those are regular 4 wire humbuckers, I'd guess you could look in the manual and see what is possible for 2 humbuckers.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It doesn't have 3 non ground inputs per pickup, so fail. Cant do parallel and other things with two leads tied permanently together.

Comment

Would it be possible to wire it with a bmp1 in a guitar with p-rail - duckbucker - p-rail (hsh) ?

Comment

Originally posted by dormanino View Post
            Would it be possible to wire it with a bmp1 in a guitar with p-rail - duckbucker - p-rail (hsh) ?
            Welcome to the forum!

The issue here is the power, since the BMP1 and the Hyperswitch both need a 9v. My initial guess is 2 9v batteries. Anyone else?

Comment

I wouldn't mind...2 seems fine for the bang

Comment

As soon as there's a version with separate connections for the red and white wires, I'll be first in line to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by MykeWright View Post
                  As soon as there's a version with separate connections for the red and white wires, I'll be first in line to buy.
                  Welcome to the forum!

What kind of wiring schemes do you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Welcome to the forum!

What kind of wiring schemes do you have in mind?
                    Thanks for the welcome.

HSS configuration but with stacked or rail style noiseless "single coils". Looking to be able to run any of the pickups in full serial humbucking mode plus any of the pickups in parallel with the coils in the same phase a normal serial humbucking mode (which I believe requires the red and white wires to go different places). The red (south-finish) becomes the hot for the south coil, green (south-start) becomes the ground for the south coil, black (north-start) stays as hot for the north coil and white (north-finish) becomes the ground for the north coil.

There's several other things I'd like to try but I believe the Hyperswitch already does those, it's just that combined red/white connection preventing the option I'm looking for. Please correct me if I'm wrong here.

Comment

Nice, I'm gonna put it on my gibson les paul jr

Comment

Got one. Just deciding which axe to put it in. Intrigued.

Does anyone know, which setting is the closest to parallel for a humbucker? There’s a few listed in the Guide that say “out of phase parallel” and “out of phase reverse parallel” and I’m not sure if that’s the same thing as just the coils being in parallel.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                        http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

Originally posted by alex1fly View Post
                          Got one. Just deciding which axe to put it in. Intrigued.

Does anyone know, which setting is the closest to parallel for a humbucker? There’s a few listed in the Guide that say “out of phase parallel” and “out of phase reverse parallel” and I’m not sure if that’s the same thing as just the coils being in parallel.
                          Does that refer to the relationship of 2 coils of one pickup to another, or 2 whole pickups to each other? When I beta tested it, it didn't have any documentation. The app might make this a little clearer as there are pictures.

Comment

Sidenote: Take this with a grain-'o-salt, since I don't own one of these. I'm surmising this info from studying the manual.

While I'm disappointed that there is no parallel ability for an individual humbucker, there is a workaround that provides a usable sonic alternative. This would require a mag flip for one of the pickups, but does not require "reverse" wiring.

(After the mag flip on one pup only), make one preset "Standard North coil" on the neck, and "Reverse North coil" on the bridge. That gives you inside (stud) coils in parallel and in phase.

Make another preset "Standard South coil" on the neck, and "Reverse South coil" on the bridge. That gives you outside (screw) coils in parallel and in phase.

Two useful sounds that are also pleasing and different. And you can follow the normal wiring diagram in the instructions. You just need to flip one mag.

And remember, I haven't actually tried this. But it looks do-able.

P.S. The new-ish "Green Magic's" might be perfect for this, since they come pre-mag-flipped.

P.S.2 After re-reading my post, it does occur to me that the mag flip may mess up every other preset. Unless carefully configured.

P.S.3 I know this becoming cumbersome . . . but, there is a "Reverse Full" setting (for one pickup) that should put both pups back into phase for the simple N/B "normal" preset.

Last edited by ArtieToo; 10-28-2023, 09:15 AM.

Comment

No more PS's. I'm going to have to buy one of these to try it.

Comment

I haven't tried the app without the switch...to see if it will let you play with settings and stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X