Seymour Duncan new EXCITER pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    Anybody had the chance of trying one out?

I just pulled the trigger on a custom shop version on Reverb and I am waiting for it to arrive.
    I've had very good results with a DDJ on a les paul standard, and I was looking for something less harsh than the 500T on my flying V.

Here's what customer service had to say about it:

"The exciter has a ceramic magnet and hs a it more treble bite in the EQ to cut through when playing in a band. Output is going to average between 16.56k and 17.06k ohms. So it is high output and tight".

(then I asked how different would it be from my DDJ):

"The exciter will be high output also and tight, but have more treble bite and a little bit of mid range scoop. Very clear and will cut through"...

Opinions?

Comment

Why design a pickup based off of hair metal hayday when you could just buy one that actually lived through it?
      You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
      Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by ccelaya View Post
        Hi everyone,
        Anybody had the chance of trying one out?

I just pulled the trigger on a custom shop version on Reverb and I am waiting for it to arrive.
        I've had very good results with a DDJ on a les paul standard, and I was looking for something less harsh than the 500T on my flying V.

Here's what customer service had to say about it:

"The exciter has a ceramic magnet and hs a it more treble bite in the EQ to cut through when playing in a band. Output is going to average between 16.56k and 17.06k ohms. So it is high output and tight".

(then I asked how different would it be from my DDJ):

"The exciter will be high output also and tight, but have more treble bite and a little bit of mid range scoop. Very clear and will cut through"...

Opinions?
        Welcome to the forum!

The pickup isn't really officially out yet, so if you get yours, you would be the first person to get one on the forum. Which means you gotta get us a review!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by 51501984 View Post
          Most likely this one

That's where I went....

So, because, you know, the sound of the 80's isn't exactly a JB or a Distortion - D'oh! Wait a minute...Is marketing running Duncan now???
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Dunno. Sometimes retailers update their website before the manufacturer has them available. They aren't supposed to do that, but here we are.
            GC Special run maybe?
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

GC Special run maybe?
              Possibly. I got no info about it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Welcome to the forum!

The pickup isn't really officially out yet, so if you get yours, you would be the first person to get one on the forum. Which means you gotta get us a review!
                I will do that for sure!... as soon as I get it installed

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

GC Special run maybe?
                  not sure about that, it's listed on GC, musiciansfriend, even target! lol... (not sure if they are related somehow)

I got mine from a store in san jose called "Vision Guitar" listed on reverb, it's a custom shop version though (no logo, wound by MJ)
                  Last edited by ccelaya; 05-29-2023, 12:01 PM. Reason: edited San Diego to San Jose: oops

Comment

Looking forward to hearing about this! The pickup doesn't seem to be available anywhere in Europe yet.

Comment

Local shop here in San Jose , Ca. says they have a black trembucker in stock . Part of me wants to snag it but I wouldn’t be installing it anytime soon
                      When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

I found a custom shop version I picked up a few weeks ago as well. Just got laid off from my job around the same time too , so haven't had a chance to hook it up yet.
                        Hopefully this week. Curious to hear your thoughts!

Comment

Any updates from the few people that got it ?

Comment

Any updates from the few people that got it ?
                            nothing yet, I am estimating around two weeks to get it installed...
                            this is in the US a friend will hand carry it to Mexico soon...

Comment

Bump , anyone ?

Comment

Bump , anyone ?
                                It is still pretty new. I am sure reviews will be happening soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X