Seymour Duncan new EXCITER pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan new EXCITER pickup

Been seeing this one popping up the last few days.
    The new Seymour Duncan Exciter pickup.
    Get the guaranteed best price on Humbucker Pickups like the Seymour Duncan Exciter Bridge Humbucker Pickup at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

I'm definitely interested!

The Exciter bridge humbucker, based on the highly sought-after tone from the early 80s, is designed to hearken back to the signature sound from that time. Loaded with a high-output Ceramic magnet, The Exciter is voiced to deliver powerful dimensions, bold harmonics and firepower that define the glam-rock heyday. Roll back the volume a bit and the tone becomes transparent enough for classic, slightly gritty tones.
    • Custom Shop Pickup wound by MJ
    • Black Bobbins (No SD logo)
    • Ceramic magnets
    • 4-conductor
    • 52mm Standard Spacing
    • Output Category: High
    • Magnet Type: Ceramic
    • Bridge DCR: 17.06

Sure, they call themselves Exciter, but is salvation their task?

Comment

Another JB? I mean JB with couple of ceramic magnets? Or Invader with standard pole pieces?
      Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
        Sure, they call themselves Exciter, but is salvation their task?
        That's funny. The first thing that I thought of when I saw the thread title was Judas Priest.

Comment

Originally posted by nienturi View Post
          Another JB? I mean JB with couple of ceramic magnets? Or Invader with standard pole pieces?
          I was wondering along these lines somewhat as well.

Comment

It's not exciting me.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

"early 80s" "glam-rock heyday"

I think that the pickup sounds interesting, but this combo does not compute with me.

Comment

Obvious take on George Lynch band Xciter since George Lynch didn't renew deal with The Hunter.

So what's next? The Yankee Rose for a Vai clone? The Photograph for a Leppard clone? The Feelgood for a Crue clone? The Runaway for a Sambora clone? The Mother for a Danzig clone? The Trooper for a Maiden clone? The Hurricane for a Scorps clone? The Wanted Man for a Robbin Crosby clone?

And they will all be variations of the JB or the Custom.

Comment

There are a lot of PAF variations, so I don't see why not.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've always wanted to try a slightly underwound JB from the Custom Shop. Like a JB with less low mid clutter and more detail up top, but not on a different wire gauge so that it looses all the character of a JB being a JB.
                    Last edited by Rex_Rocker; 05-12-2023, 04:20 PM.

Comment

„52 mm Standard spacing“ ?? This is a trembucker spacing
                      I get the feeling the A8 will blow your skirt up more so - Edgecrusher

Smooth trades with Jerryjg, ArtieToo, Theodie, Micah, trevorus, Pierre, pzaxtl, damian1122, Thames, Diocletian, Kevinabb, Fakiekid, oilpit, checo, BachToRock, majewsky, joyouswolf, Koreth, Pontiac Jack, Jeff_H

Comment

Are these going to be officially released? I can't see them on the website.

Comment

Seemed appropriate

"I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Most likely this one

When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post
                              Are these going to be officially released? I can't see them on the website.
                              Dunno. Sometimes retailers update their website before the manufacturer has them available. They aren't supposed to do that, but here we are.
                              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                              X