banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s closest to a Pearly Gates bridge in a seven string humbucker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What’s closest to a Pearly Gates bridge in a seven string humbucker?

I tried out a fender tele with humbuckers the other day and was delighted with how the bridge pickup responded to my playing. Not viciously hot but able to get raunchy when I wanted it to but still having clarity and presence. I found out it was the original pearly gates (not the plus). I own only seven strings at the moment but would like to incorporate this into one of my guitars. Are there any seven string humbuckers that come close to the pearly gates? I’m also a fan of the full shred so I’m wondering if there’s a middle ground to experiment with.

I'm sure the Custom Shop could wind you a Pearly on a 7-string bobbin.

Otherwise, I'd say a Jazz would be closest to a Pearly Gates.

Or a 59 with a treble bleed, or a Custom 5 (except it's louder). Don't know how a Full Shred would work out changing the poles and what-not. It would also be louder.

Comment

I was gonna say Custom shop too.
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Is there a 7-string '59B?

Comment

In the Custom Shop, there are 7 string versions of everything.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Go to the site. :P There is a 7 string 59B stock, but not a Jazz bridge.
            The things that you wanted
            I bought them for you

Comment

59B doesn't sound like a Pearly though

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                In the Custom Shop, there are 7 string versions of everything.
                Even for a PATB?
                Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post

Even for a PATB?
                  I bet they could fabricate one.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                    59B doesn't sound like a Pearly though
                    No, but he's saying a middle ground between a PG and a Full Shred would be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                      No, but he's saying a middle ground between a PG and a Full Shred would be alright.
                      A 59B wouldn't be that either. Pearly is bright, Full Shred more scooped and bright.

What might work, however, is a 59B with a row of allen heads. Or cut off the filisters on a stock 59B.

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

A 59B wouldn't be that either. Pearly is bright, Full Shred more scooped and bright.

What might work, however, is a 59B with a row of allen heads. Or cut off the filisters on a stock 59B.
                        A '59B is plenty bright too. A '59B is brighter than a Full Shred.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                          A '59B is plenty bright too. A '59B is brighter than a Full Shred.
                          I don't know if I'd go that far. A FS has really no bass, as opposed to the 59. So even if an actual amount of treble is more, it doesn't sound like it.

Comment

Well, each to his own. I have no direct experience with a FS. At least not recent, TBH, so take that as a grain of salt. But I don't find the '59 bassy in the least. Scooped yes. But I'd say the EQ curve leans A LOT more towards the treble. For a humbucker, I mean. It's still no single coil, but PAF's are about as close to single coils as humbuckers get, IME.

Comment

I'd try '59-7 with a A2 magnet. But i cant imagine the sound of the low B string.
                              Official Author of Guitarism Section of SOUND Magazine, TR

Click Here to Guitarism Blog for Special Interviews, Reviews and Articles

"A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open." — Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
                              X