Apparently the hyper switch is having some problems with the threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently the hyper switch is having some problems with the threading

I got my second hyper switch in from Sweetwater today and it has an issue with the screw not fitting in the threads also. At least on this switch one of the screws will screw in but not the other side. The first switch I got neither of them would screw in. I really do want to try this switch do I'm going to get another one but I asked for someone at Sweetwater to open the switch up and Make sure both of the screws screw in all the way. It seems like that least some of these were rushed when milling the threading or something. Definitely not typical SD quality.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Have you contacted SD directly? They would probably want to know this kind of stuff is happening.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      Have you contacted SD directly? They would probably want to know this kind of stuff is happening.
      No I haven't. Who would I contact? If you can provide an email address I would not mind letting them know.
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

The fastest way is calling: +1(805) 964 - 9610

But you can also email @ [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
          No I haven't. Who would I contact? If you can provide an email address I would not mind letting them know.

For future reference,

They have contact info on their website, like most businesses. That's where most people go when looking for contact info for a business. You either check the "yellow pages" online by Googling the business's name or you go to the website of said business and find "Contact Us". I thought everyone knew that ​​​​​​​

They also have multiple social media accounts that you could contact and either tell them or get direct contact info for support.
          JC
          -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
          -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
          -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
          -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
          -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
          -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

For future reference,

They have contact info on their website, like most businesses. That's where most people go when looking for contact info for a business. You either check the "yellow pages" online by Googling the business's name or you go to the website of said business and find "Contact Us". I thought everyone knew that ​​​​​​​

They also have multiple social media accounts that you could contact and either tell them or get direct contact info for support.
            I get they have social media accounts and a contact us, I just didn't know if reporting this through there would make it to where it needed to go as a lot of companies have different people working on social media than in management or customer service. I did send an email advising them of the situation and letting them know where I purchased it at.

Comment

I get they have social media accounts and a contact us, I just didn't know if reporting this through there would make it to where it needed to go as a lot of companies have different people working on social media than in management or customer service. I did send an email advising them of the situation and letting them know where I purchased it at.
              My guess is that they will contact you. It doesn't do anyone any good if there is something off with the manufacturing. They might have a few suggestions for you, too.

Comment

So I sent SD an email the other day letting them know about the problems I had with the threadings on the hyper switches and I got an email back today telling me that I should try installing the screws without a pickguard and should have no problems with the self tapping screws. Like I didn't try that. I explain to them in the first email that the first switch I got neither of the screws would fit into the threading on the switch. I also explained to them in the first email that the second switch I got had a problem with only one of the threadings on the switch not accepting the switch screw. I tried to tell them something was wrong and got a response that I must be doing something wrong. Cool keep selling switches with threading that doesn't work.

Comment

My fault. I misunderstood. Sorry!

And that's messed up that they would respond that way. You'd think theyd be willing to communicate about the issue you're having or they'd at least realize it isn't the same as what everyone else is apparently reporting.
                  Last edited by Wound_Up; 05-22-2023, 11:12 AM.
                  JC
                  -2023 Indio 66SB DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ P90s
                  -2020 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Goldtop w/ Seth Lover neck & '59 Model bridge w/ Faber hardware(#1 guitar)
                  -2021 Indio 66 DLX Plus - Iced Tea Burst
                  -2023 Indio Boardwalk (335-style)
                  -2022 Indio Retro DLX Plus(T-style) - w/ Fender AVRI 62 Custom neck & 52 bridge pickups.
                  -2020 Stage Right 1x12" 15w tube combo(Laney Cub 12R)

Comment

So I sent SD an email the other day letting them know about the problems I had with the threadings on the hyper switches and I got an email back today telling me that I should try installing the screws without a pickguard and should have no problems with the self tapping screws. Like I didn't try that. I explain to them in the first email that the first switch I got neither of the screws would fit into the threading on the switch. I also explained to them in the first email that the second switch I got had a problem with only one of the threadings on the switch not accepting the switch screw. I tried to tell them something was wrong and got a response that I must be doing something wrong. Cool keep selling switches with threading that doesn't work.
                    I would suggest calling them.

Comment

Originally posted by Wound_Up View Post

My fault. I misunderstood. Sorry!

And that's messed up that they would respond that way. You'd think theyd be willing to communicate about the issue you're having or they'd at least realize it isn't the same as what everyone else is apparently reporting.
                      I sent them a return email explaining everything again and letting them know I'm just trying to help you guys fix an issue and I got an email back later in the day saying thanks for clarifying it will be passed on but I really didn't clarify anything I just repeated what I wrote in the first email again, I think they just didn't fully understand the first email but hopefully it's not a lot of them and they can track them down I let them know mine came from Sweetwater.

Comment

I got my third hyper switch in yesterday from Sweetwater and I had asked them to make sure both screws would screw in all the way and thankfully they are both alright this time. I hope it's not a large number of switches that have the threading problem. Maybe I just got unlucky...

Comment

It's possible that they just shipped screws that have the wrong thread, and of course trying to force them would damage the threads on the switch housing.

Comment

I got my third hyper switch in yesterday from Sweetwater and I had asked them to make sure both screws would screw in all the way and thankfully they are both alright this time. I hope it's not a large number of switches that have the threading problem. Maybe I just got unlucky...
                            Well, we look forward to the review once it is installed.

Comment

I hope to have it installed this weekend, I've got to route the strat it's going into a little bit

Comment

Working...
                              X