Apparently the hyper switch is having some problems with the threading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZiggyZipgun View Post
    It's possible that they just shipped screws that have the wrong thread, and of course trying to force them would damage the threads on the switch housing.
    I don't think this is possible because on the second one I got one of the screws did go through one of the threadings but the other one would not.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post

I don't think this is possible because on the second one I got one of the screws did go through one of the threadings but the other one would not.
      But did you try the first screw in both holes? They could easily have shipped screws with different threads. I'd take it to a hardware store and find out what threads are on the housing.

Comment

Originally posted by ZiggyZipgun View Post

But did you try the first screw in both holes? They could easily have shipped screws with different threads. I'd take it to a hardware store and find out what threads are on the housing.
        Yes I tried that it was the threadings on the switch, I thought that after the first switch but after I got one screw to go in the second switch it was confirmed it was the threadings on switch that were the problem.
        It's funny how some stories became historic,
        especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
        But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Working...
        X