No announcement yet.

The mighty SD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an SD in my Les Paul and it just sounds great. Made for the instrument. Never taking it out.
    Last edited by weepingminotaur; 05-25-2023, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

They sound nothing alike, but they are each company's flagship pickup, so to speak.
      in that regard, i get what youre saying. the dimarzio fs1 was, i think, the first real dimarzio pup, followed by the sd. and both still hold up really well to this day. as does the jb!

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post

in that regard, i get what youre saying. the dimarzio fs1 was, i think, the first real dimarzio pup, followed by the sd. and both still hold up really well to this day. as does the jb!
        The FS-1 came along two years later.

Comment

Originally posted by pskorz View Post
          Yeah, in the early 70’s it was very appropriately named. But in terms of what we think of now as high gain; its name leads you to believe that it's more of a scorcher than it really is.
          Why I like it more and more as time goes on....
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Super Distortion is a fantastic pickup. Really the only DiMarzio pickup I still like. I've been seriously considering another one to break the cycle of Duncan PAF style pickups that live in my Les Pauls...lol!
            2001 Les Paul Classic (Antiquity Set)
            2005 Les Paul Standard (Aldrich set)
            2019 Washburn N24 (Duncan Custom Shop PATB)

Comment

I had a SD in my LP for a time several years ago. Probably the only Dimarzio pickup I’ve liked.
              That said, I replaced it with a Custom Custom and as far as the foreseeable future, it’s never coming out.

Comment

Working...
              X