banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Jeff Loomis Bridge Blackout unusually big? It will not fit in a pickup-ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    Did you ever measure this particular humbucker to see how far it varied from the technical drawing? I wonder if it is actually bigger or you just have smaller rings laying around. In any case I am happy you got it up and running!
    All regular blackouts and trembuckers fit just fine - zero issues, but this MO-FO is a beast in its own class!

Comment

Originally posted by RipperShred View Post

All regular blackouts and trembuckers fit just fine - zero issues, but this MO-FO is a beast in its own class!
      It is a covered trembucker. Have you tried any other covered trembucker? Or just uncovered? Because the covers Duncan use for the Trembuckers are waaaaay wider than everyone else's.

Comment

I also had to dremel out a ring to get my Loomis blackout to fit! what a unnecessary pain. if you make a pickup that is too long for any conventional ring on the market, include one

Comment

Originally posted by RanchManSandy View Post
          I also had to dremel out a ring to get my Loomis blackout to fit! what a unnecessary pain. if you make a pickup that is too long for any conventional ring on the market, include one
          They usually do. I'm surprised they don't include it with the Loomises.

Comment

Working...
          X