No announcement yet.

Most dynamic articulate humbucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember, the 78 is a regular production pickup now. It is more expensive than the 59, but not Custom Shop prices.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Would you guys consider A2 more dynamic?

I would say A5 is bolder and faster-responding (just speaking in tone lingo and personal opinion, nothing technical).

I would think an A5 PAF is usually more "dynamic" than the equivalent A2 variation. But I've never ever really tried the same PAF-type with both magnets other than the Slash, which I didn't like anyway.

But in any case, I would consider one of those Humbucker-sized Filterton-types would be more articulate and dynamic, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

I would say A5 is bolder and faster-responding (just speaking in tone lingo and personal opinion, nothing technical).

I would think an A5 PAF is usually more "dynamic" than the equivalent A2 variation. But I've never ever really tried the same PAF-type with both magnets other than the Slash, which I didn't like anyway.

But in any case, I would consider one of those Humbucker-sized Filterton-types would be more articulate and dynamic, no?
        I would say it has more to do with the wind than the magnet.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG80s View Post
          I heard dimarzio 59 and sound great too.
          78 is expensive, but I will consider it.
          What do you think about aph-1 or pearly Gates?
          The Pearly Gates to me has way to much sizzle on the top end.
          One of the best I have tried for what you are talking about is the Kiesel Greg Howe . The only way to get one is ether used or call them as it is not listed on the website but they are fantastic.
          Also the A 4 Saturday Night Specials are very good for what you are talking here.

Guitars
          Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
          Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Dimarzio D-Activator bridge.
            Been playing one for the last few days, and this thing is sick. It will show up every mistake that you make. But if you do your job, it sounds ridiculously good.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG80s View Post
              What do you think about aph-1 or pearly Gates?
              0:24 https://youtu.be/gdO7lyzUTxo
              I like how Eddie plays with dynamic. When hit light has muddy quieter tone, when hit stron has bright loud tone on Distortion! I belive its A2.
              I has custom obervound PAF 12k with A5, when I switched to A2, it give me better dynamic and this result, light touch muddy, strong touch bright, but its sound too dark for me.
              That sound is the amp and cab more than any pickup. But if I had to get there with a Baretta, I'd use a Custom Custom (or maybe even just a Custom) and a Marshall plexi.

Comment

Best I have found so far is the Kiesel Greg Howe. It's a hidden gen that is not even listed on the Kiesel pickup builder and from what I have been told is now discontinued.
                Kinda reminds me of the fiasco with my second choice the Virtual Hot PAF Dimarzio.
                Those 2 are the best I have found period.
                Guitars
                Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post

I like A2 a lot but it is limited in that it has a tendency to get loose and overly compressed at higher gain levels. I prefer A 5 overall with the right wind. Prefer A2 for blues and other styles where you are not using a ton of gain but not overall.
                  Guitars

Comment

Another vote here for the D-Activators (I love both neck and bridge), very crisp and HiFi feeling, but also devastating with distortion..

Comment

Fluence Classic Open Core, try them.

Comment

Don’t neglect the rest of your signal chain. What amp are you using? Some are definitely more/less compressed/dynamic than others and speakers can be more/less open/focused than others.
                        The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

Working...
                        X