• Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    He's a really nice guy, too.

Leave a comment:

• Ashurbanipal
    replied
    He also strikes me as the kind of guy who, if you were to hang back stage outside of a show, would pass you his guitar and say, 'ok, let's see what ya got; guitar's blowing your mind, right? Haha, don't worry about that, just pick some notes'.

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied
    Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
    Yeah. It's funny though . . . The JJN Epiphone, comes with a Duncan P-90, but it's not the JJN P-90 Silencer. Seems odd. I love that "Aged Pelham" Blue one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Epiphone JJN Aged Pelham.png
Views:	116
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	6276910
    that guitar came out before they designed the silencers, also guessing there is a cost factor involved

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    ^^^ Yup. Just in one interview, I picked up on that vibe.

Leave a comment:

• GuitarDoc
    replied
    I've seen JJN in several interviews and, besides his obvious talent, he just seems like such a nice, down to earth, personable guy. Not a lot of ego getting in the way.

Leave a comment:

• Ashurbanipal
    replied
    Jared brings the old school rawk vibes.

The LP doesn't get much more vibey than that. What I can't get my head around that the pups and wiring harness didn't get trashed in the tornado - they don't make 'em like they used to?

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    replied
    Yeah. It's funny though . . . The JJN Epiphone, comes with a Duncan P-90, but it's not the JJN P-90 Silencer. Seems odd. I love that "Aged Pelham" Blue one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Epiphone JJN Aged Pelham.png
Views:	116
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	6276910

Leave a comment:

• soulforger
    replied
    I saw this too, amazing player with great energy, and that has to be the coolest guitar history ever (and the guitar itself ain't half bad)!

Leave a comment:

• ICTGoober
    replied
    Ola and JJN, good time well spent.

Leave a comment:

• ArtieToo
    started a topic I just "discovered" JJN.

I just "discovered" JJN.

Late night. Couldn't sleep. I was looking up some tech info on a Duncan pup and saw the latest splash screen for the "JJN P90 Silencer" pickup. I love that single pup Gold Top Epiphone, but I've never heard of JJN himself. (Jared James Nichols.) So I looked up a couple of YT vids. The first thing I like about this guy is that he doesn't use a pick. (I don't either, so I thought that was cool.)

There's this video interview with Ola Englund where he's talking about that. But the coolest thing in this video is around the 16 - 17 minute mark, where he's talking about this guitar he's playing. It's a 50's Gibson that literally got dropped in someone's yard from a tornado.

The video is worth a watch just for this amazing story.

This guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite people.

Working...
X