Thread revival? Igornopolis: PRS Custom 24 SE with a 5-Way Super Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread revival? Igornopolis: PRS Custom 24 SE with a 5-Way Super Switch

Way back in late 2016, Igornopolis asked for wiring help, and BriGuy1968 drew him a wiring diagram. Somewhere along the way, somebody sent me the drawing and I've been staring at it every now and then for a while. I finally traced it back to right here: https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...ch-wiring-help

Well, the drawing's switch position results array is unique. I haven't found it anywhere else. The problem is that the original wiring diagram does not produce the intended results. It took me a while to figure it out. I have attached here: (1) the original drawing; (2) my redraw of the original with actual switch position results per my analysis; (3) 4 versions of the original circuit showing switch position results array variations.
    Last edited by gobruins91786; 05-07-2024, 02:49 PM.

welcome to the forum

I don't see any attachments

Comment

Hey, beaubrummels, I think I've got some of your drawings on my hard drive. Just so you know, I can't figure out how to upload my drawings here without the system throwing objections at me.

Comment

Try the 'upload attachments' button, or even image hosting on another site.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mincer : I just added them but all I see on this page are thumbnails. I got error messages ("missing node"? Something about a bad "array"?) while uploading them. Are there any instructions here for uploading drawings/images/photographs? I don't use image hosting.

Comment

Test.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	81
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	6279070 zz0.ihvw9z805bqzz

Name:	SS–HHVT-Igornopolis–01[300dpi].png
Views:	86
Size:	291.9 KB
ID:	6279069

Comment

I just got an error message when I tried to tag Igornopolis and BriGuy1968 in my original post.

Views:	77
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	6279074 zz0.98aw1ayamfkzz

Comment

I just got this error when I tried to upload all 6 drawings at once. Click image for larger version

Views:	81
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	6279079 zz0.9oukzn4v8mhzz

Comment

Originally posted by gobruins91786 View Post
                  Mincer : I just added them but all I see on this page are thumbnails. I got error messages ("missing node"? Something about a bad "array"?) while uploading them. Are there any instructions here for uploading drawings/images/photographs? I don't use image hosting.
                  I've found image hosting to be the only reliable way of posting images here. Imgur is free and fairly easy to use.
                  "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

I've found image hosting to be the only reliable way of posting images here. Imgur is free and fairly easy to use.
                    Except for the images on various pages, including the thread from 2016, that no longer exist. Igornopolis's images are not within the thread anymore, only BriGuy1968's images are there.

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post

I just uploaded 6 drawings to imgur. They are PNG files. Now when I try to link to those 6 images in my original post, your forum's bot tells me that they are not valid image files.

I've been trying to do this, one way or the other, all day long. I'm just about done. I don't need any help with the wiring diagram itself. I was pointing out an error and some variations.

Comment

You can also just have a text link to the images, too. People have to click through it, but if they want the info, it will work.

Half the time image uploading doesn't work for me, either, so I understand. It tends to like jpgs more than any other extensions. As far as any other instructions, we either have the button above the text box, the upload attachments button, or using an image hosting site. Some people have also reported that 1 image per post works, too. Yes, we know it sucks and we are all having to deal with it as well.

It looks like one of your images showed up, but that's it.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by gobruins91786 View Post

I just uploaded 6 drawings to imgur. They are PNG files. Now when I try to link to those 6 images in my original post, your forum's bot tells me that they are not valid image files.

I've been trying to do this, one way or the other, all day long. I'm just about done. I don't need any help with the wiring diagram itself. I was pointing out an error and some variations.
                          Forum software is notoriously uncooperative. The best workaround is not to use the image upload button at all.

In Imgur, click on the image you want to link; it shows a popup with various link options.
                          The bottom option is marked Linked BBCode (message boards); click the blue Copy button next to it.
                          Paste that link directly into the body of your text, without using the forum's toolbar buttons.

It's simple and it works with all image types and for nearly all message boards.

Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 05-08-2024, 12:23 PM.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Absolute worst case scenario, you can type in the code brute force, by type
                            Code:
                            [IMG]https://example.com/path/to/your/image.png[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                            X