banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duncan Options? Special Order? Custom Shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duncan Options? Special Order? Custom Shop?

I guess I could have answered this with an Email to Customer Service, but I was wondering which 'special orders' are considered options, and which are Custom Orders, for an additional charge?

I know that it's hard to determine which bobbins are used under covered pickups, but how would you get zebra's with gold screws/slugs?
    Extra, or just an option?

Any possible way to get nickel covered trembuckers? Is it even possible?

How much extra is it to order a pickup with a different magnet? Custom Shop?

Can you get any Duncan in nickel or gold? Why isn't chrome covered an option, not a Custom Shop upcharge?

These are a few things I've wondered for awhile, but never knew.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Duncan Options? Special Order? Custom Shop?

As far as the nickel covered trembuckers go, MJ said that they will be available later this summer. But right now, there are no covered trembuckers. I think there's a $20 upcharge for a new magnet, but you'd be better off paying $5 for the magnet and swapping it yourself. I'm pretty sure the gold screws are a custom shop option, while covers are available on most pickups. Certain models that have special polepieces aren't available with covers, but all of the PAF style pickups, the Custom series, and I believe the JB are available with covers. Covers are not a custom shop option unless they're chrome, I'm not really sure why though.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

I got a quote on a '59 with gold screws/slugs once.. $160. Not an option, had to go totally custom shop.

The shop I work at is an SD dealer, and I've called in to place customers orders (occasionally mixing my own orders in there as well ) and there was no additional upcharge to requesting a specific color bobbin (double cream), they just told me it would be a 4-6 week wait on the dbl. cream.
      -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
      I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

I have ordered Humbuckers before with gold screws and slugs. It is a $10.00 upcharge ....

Covers on any standard Humbucker are not CS, just the added cost of the cover.

Comment

Much cheaper than i would have expected.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRose
            I have ordered Humbuckers before with gold screws and slugs. It is a $10.00 upcharge ....
            Hmm... wonder what was up with mine, then. I got my quote directly from MJ. (seemed awful high to me)
            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Working...
            X