Aging pickup covers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aging pickup covers?

I want to age the pickup covers on my classic stacks to match my aged knobs and mint green pickguard on my lonestar strat...

Should I use the brown kiwi shoe polish or tea? Instructions? It says nylon bobbins work better than plastic...Anyone done this before? It talks about this is the FAQ area of there site....

Are duncan covers nylon or plastic?

Can I use the Fender covers thar are already aged? They do not cover the whole pickup heigth-wise, due to stacked pickup design on classic stack.

Will ther be any side affects to this? Microphonics, squealing, etc..??

Thanks,

Steve
    Steve Semich

Re: Aging pickup covers?

u can take the covers off and stick it in coffee for a night
    Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
    The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

boil a tea bag in about 2 cups of water. soak it in that all night.

Comment

Does that work with pickguards too?
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Thanks....Have you all done this? Are the DUncan covers nylon or plastic?
          Steve Semich

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
            Does that work with pickguards too?
            yeah but you need a big mug.
            "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I tried this and Im not sure whether the knobs on a Squire Strat Standard 1999 is nylon or plastic, but I kept them in black coffee for 2 days and they just looked stained, but the coffee just wiped off and it didnt take. I think maybe the shoe polish might be longer lasting.

Comment

Working...
              X