Pickup squeling in Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup squeling in Telecaster

I just bought a Fender American Deluxe Tele in Montego black.. Had a couple of mod done to it..Chrome metal pickguard, locking sperzel tuners, straplocks, and had a little 59 tele put in the bridge.

When I play in the gain channel on my amp, I get this annoying squeling feedback? mainly playing between the bridge and neck pickup selections and neck only. Is this from the pickguard being metal? Or from the stock Fender pickup in the neck?

Advice on how to remedy? This is my only guitar that does this?

Recommendations on neck replacement pickup to match the little 59"?

Play mainly hard alternative rock and some clean contemporary stuff.

Thanks,

Steve
    Steve Semich

Re: Pickup squeling in Telecaster

I also noticed tonight that you hear a sound tap on the volume knob or change the pickup selector (you hear it through the amp)? I wonder if something happened to the ground wire?

The tech had to put a piece of wire to extend the ground because he cut the pickup wire too short?
    Steve Semich

Comment

I bet it has something to do with the cover of the neck.

1. Why don't you try to slide a tape between the pickup cover, and the pickguard, both being metal maybe the reason.

2. Remove the cover, and try it out without the cover.

3. Remove the pickguard, and try it with a good old plastic one.

B
      FaceBook; SoundCloud; Barlo's Blues; Barlo Digitalized; Soundclick!;

Comment

I have the same problem if I'm too close to my system. I have a QP Tele pup in the bastard-caster (it's my pet name for my Tele). I think it's a gain thing with me. I've just learned to play around it and make the squeal part of the solo!
        www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

im with the doc, i bet it has to do with the neck pups cover. sure sounds microphonic to me

Comment

Working...
          X