best low output humbucker for lp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best low output humbucker for lp

What low to medium output pickups would i be describing if i said i needed, a full open punchy, edgy distortion for rhythym and a sweet, articulate, singing lead tone that can scream when needed. thanks for your recomendations

Re: best low output humbucker for lp

Sounds like you want a '59.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

ya i was thinkin about the 59 and also the aph 2 which one is better of those two by prefference

Comment

I can't say that any one Duncan pickup is better than another, just different. Why not try a 59 in the bridge and an APH 2 in the neck?
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

Seth Lover is my favorite right now. I like the 59 too. I like the SL slightly more because the a2 magnet seems to cut the mix a little better, and the nickel cover warms it up a little.
          My Duncan demos and songs

Comment

Antiquity,59 or a Seth from your explanation...The PG would work also..

John
            Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Antiquity /w a full strength A5 mag...

Comment

Maybe you should give the SH-11 Custom Custom a shot. Reasonable output and your wantings just about nail it on the spot.

Comment

Working...
                X