• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG 2570
    replied
    Re: Opinions on KENT ARMSTRONG pickups

Originally posted by southadc
    Yup - I can stare at the screen for ages when you and Presa Tito are posting on a thread

My avatar blurred up for some reason when I resized it - I'll probably change it for a better one if I can find one that isn't too risque (my PRS girl one for example )

makes me forget my pickup woes real fast!

Leave a comment:

• southadc
    replied

Originally posted by RG 2570
    that avatar works everytime!
    I like jenna on yours but she is blurred
    Yup - I can stare at the screen for ages when you and Presa Tito are posting on a thread

My avatar blurred up for some reason when I resized it - I'll probably change it for a better one if I can find one that isn't too risque (my PRS girl one for example )

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

d'oh! Well spotted. I was actually coming back to edit the post 'cos I just spotted it on the website too

I blame it on the fact that your avatar was distracting me

that avatar works everytime!
    I like jenna on yours but she is blurred

Leave a comment:

• southadc
    replied

Originally posted by RG 2570
    d'oh! Well spotted. I was actually coming back to edit the post 'cos I just spotted it on the website too

I blame it on the fact that your avatar was distracting me

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

You won't find the distortion on the WD website though.
    whats this one? http://wdmusicproducts.com/Merchant2..._Code=PUHMBCKR

Leave a comment:

• southadc
    replied

Kent Armstong pickups are cool - they are made in Korea, but that does make them cheaper. You won't find the distortion on the WD website though. Try giving him a call, he's a helpful guy.

Leave a comment:

• ranalli
    replied

I have two Kent Armstrong pickups. The PAF(M213) and the Distortion(M214).

The PAF copy (M213) is GREAT IMO. I had it in the neck of my Kramer that I pulled stock out of my Jackson....I put the '59 in there cause I thought it would sound better but I was suprised and wrong. The '59 was boomy and too warm even with height adjustments and furthermore lack clarity IMO. The Kent Armstrong was MUCH better. Less output, more clarity and a GREAT TONE!!

The M214 I tried and was not too impressed. It wasn't bad but I think you can do better with a JB or Duncan Distortion. The 214 just didn't have enough "kick" to it and presence.

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    replied

I did some researching on his pups it seems as though his handwounds are really good but the ones on the WD site are actually made in korea by a company named SKY?
    kind of high priced for a MIK pup?

Leave a comment:

• Wattage
    replied

I've owned 2 guitars that have had them, one alder bodied with humbuckers - the other mahogany with P-90's. The humbuckers were a vintage style output and were fair at best, they lacked a real good midrange presence and were replaced pretty quickly. The P-90's were significantly better but not quite the equal of anything I've used in the Duncan P-90 family.

Leave a comment:

• ishmun
    started a topic Opinions on KENT ARMSTRONG pickups

Opinions on KENT ARMSTRONG pickups

hey guys,
    i was wondering if any of u have had experience with kent armstrong pickups

ive seen a few for sale and was hoping u could tell me a bit about their sounds and what they are good for
    im not looking for the motherbucker - that looks too metal and sharp for my liking
    but i was considering the 'distortion model' for my flying v in the bridge position
    the tones im after are sorta pearl jammy/reload (metallica)/Dream Theater tones

anyways, u think their distortion model would be good?
    i cant find any info on it anywhere!!
Working...
X