Reviews on the SH5 Duncan Custom pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews on the SH5 Duncan Custom pickup

Anyone know what a duncan custom sounds like? Who uses it? What music styles it would match?
    PRS McCarty (59n, 59b)
    1990 Fender Strat Japan (SSL-1, SSL-1, APS-1)

Orange Dual Terror Head
    Blackstar HT-5
    2 Fender 12" Cabs with Celestion G12H30, Vintage 30
    Vox Pathfiinder 15R

Re: Reviews on the SH5 Duncan Custom pickup

Here's some good reading til someone posts a specific reply:

Duncan Custom Reviews

Comment

the Darkness use Customs, maybe only Justin or Dan. It's supposed to be a very good pup for definition, palm muting, harmonics.. everything really. But that's just what I heard.
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

It wouldn't suprise me if those guys use it.
        Custom is tight, bright, and crunchy for rhythm. Clear and chimey for cleans. Smooth and bright for leads. To me, it reminds me of that grinding old Marshall sound, like AC/DC or EVH, but it'll handle insane amounts of gain well to.

Comment

to tell you the truth those reviews did not help me much, but i was compelled to buy one after hearing a guy use one on clips through a bogner.
          I would take reviews with a grain of salt unless the guy who reviewed it has the same style/ amp /guitar as you

Comment

Ask Jolly for his LP with Custom clip. It owns.

I had a Custom in my Jackson for awhile, and the lead sound was fantastic. I'm trying out a Distortion now just for fun.

I have a Custom in my LP and that's staying there for good. I think it has a very good, clear and articulate lead sound. I think that for metal and rock rhythms, it has a very good "whump". I'm thinking that it is a real well-rounded pickup. My opinion.

-Matt
            Originally posted by Scott_F
            On that day, should I ever be so unlucky, I will expect an unholy assault of pure metal mayhem attacking all my senses with a little tiny voice in the background screaming Effing Hails!

Comment

Live it, love it. Very PAF-like character when overdriven. Not a PAF, but it has that 'tude that works for hard rock, blues-rock. I think of Aerosmith or AC/DC.
              Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
              Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
              Originally posted by Sosomething
              "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

I love my Custom. Best pup I've ever heard. I use it for Hard Rock/Metal and can pretty much nail just about everything!! Perfect fatness, articulation, and punch! Beatifully balanced tones for a fukking hard kicking pickup! If you need to be heard and what a sweet, subtle pup while still packing an aggressive punch - look no further!! PAF on steroids!

Comment

Working...
                X