banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SJBJ-1 JB Jr. or SSL-1 Vintage Staggered for midle position?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SJBJ-1 JB Jr. or SSL-1 Vintage Staggered for midle position?

Hi, I have an HSH and I want one of those Seymour Duncan Pickups, which one do you recommend me with Air Norton + Tone Zone?

Re: SJBJ-1 JB Jr. or SSL-1 Vintage Staggered for midle position?

probably the lil 59. the ssl1 is a great pup but will have problem keeping up with a hot set of buckers and will hum. the lil 59 sound great in the middle, doesnt hum, and has an output thatll match up better with the buckers

Comment

The JB Jr. looks equal to the Little '59, which one will be good for High Gain Distortion?

Comment

Bump

Comment

will you really be using the middle pickup with high gain distortion?
          there isn't much use for the middle in a high gain situation. i usually use the middle pickup in the 2 and 4 positions for a more stratty tone, which is why i would go with an ssl-1. with the hotter neck and bridge pickups, you can use the middle for a more variety of tone for blues, jazz, etc. but if you wish to use the middle with high gain, i would say the jb. jr.

Comment

Do I have to invert this pickup (Cancel model)?

Comment

Originally posted by enb141
              Do I have to invert this pickup (Cancel model)?
              ???

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
                the ssl1 is a great pup but will have problem keeping up with a hot set of buckers and will hum.
                really ?
                Fender Strat Special (SH-1n, SSL-1, TB-4)
                Danelectro Fab-tone
                Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
                Digitech Whammy 2
                MXR M-101 PHASE 90
                Dunlop GCB-95 Original Cry Baby Wah

Comment

single coils can hum, as far as the output there will be quite a difference when clean, when dirty itll just have much less gain.

the jb jr is going to be much hotter (bridge verison) but still with good detail

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                    ???
                    Introduction: This diagram shows a versatile 5-way setup with a full humbucker sound in the 1 and 5 positions, a true single-coil in the 3 position, and Strat-like "split" sounds in the 2 and 4 positions. This is achieved by wiring the 5-way switch to shut off one coil of the neck or bridge humbucker in the 2 and 4 positions. If the correct coil on the humbucker is selected, it will be in phase and hum-cancelling when it is combined with the single-coil in the middle position. This is similar to the common Strat wiring with 3 single-coils, where the middle pickup is reverse-wind and reverse polarity with the neck and bridge pickups. The diagram shows the way it's done on an Ibanez JEM. Observe the positioning of the humbuckers: the neck pickup is installed in the opposite direction from the bridge pickup. This was done so that the coil closest to the middle pickup remains on in the 2 and 4 positions. This produces the most "quack". If the humbuckers are turned around, the result is a less hollow, more Tele-like sound.

Source www.dimarzio.com HS-3 wiring diagram in HSH setup.

Comment

Working...
                    X