banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement active soapbars for 5 string?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement active soapbars for 5 string?

Which active Bassline pickups would i need to replace the active neck and bridge in my Ibanez SR485? Looks like they would be either the Phase I or Phase II. Would their be much of a difference in sound since the basslines use ceramics which doesn't sound too promising.

Re: Replacement active soapbars for 5 string?

what are the dimentions of your stock pups? in the product descriptions there is a link to the dimentions of the pups.

i think youll notice a difference. i used to have an ibanez 490 bass that i replaced with duncans and it was much better, more definition and a bigger overall tone.

Comment

I actually don't have the bass here at the moment. There isn't some kind of standard for these 5 or 6-string basses that have soapbar pickups these days?

These pretty much look like any Korean 5-string pickup, be it a Dean, Ibanez, LTD, BC Rich you get the idea...

Aren't these soapbar pickups a standard in itself like a P-bass pickup will fit any copy of that style as well as a jazz pickup will fit any jazz bass copy?

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion1
        Aren't these soapbar pickups a standard in itself like a P-bass pickup will fit any copy of that style as well as a jazz pickup will fit any jazz bass copy?
        Not necessarily, but the Duncan's are the same as either Bart's or EMG's depending on the model, so there is at least some that are the same.

Comment

Working...
        X