• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dystrust
    replied
    Re: 1st practice with Custom 5

Originally posted by MattPete
    I also found the C5 thin yet boomy. I like the Custom a lot better.
    I'll second that. I have a C5 in my Charvel model 4 and I love it there, but I haven't cared for it in the other guitars I tried. In my experience the C5 sounds great in the right guitar and really awful in just about anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Lewguitar
    Guest replied

I suspect Brent's view of the C5 will change when he gets it adjusted properly...

Lew

Leave a comment:

• Mac-P
    replied

Originally posted by MattPete
    Yup. I find it very "thin" and small indeed. The lack of mids definitely adds up to less "body" overall.

I like the Custom a whole lot better. Much bigger sounding to my ears.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

??????? I know that taste is a personal thing, but are you guys nuts??? HAHAHA Just kidding.. We all prefer different things, but I have a C5 in 3 very different guitars and notice none of this symptoms you desribe. Not fizzy, not boomy.. the pup is extremely sensitive to height, so take some time to dial it in.. you may be glad you did!

Leave a comment:

• MattPete
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BrentSP
    started a topic 1st practice with Custom 5

1st practice with Custom 5

I have the C5 in a PRS McCarty going through a Bogner Shiva EL34 head and Bogner 2x12 loaded with Classic Lead 80 and Vintage 30. I was rushed for time before practice and didn't fine tune the pickup height. I basically just set it like I do most of my guitars.

I really was disappointed. It was thin and fuzzy on the top end. When I turned up the bass it became boomy and a tad sloppy. Not much definition or clarity. I have a regular Custom in my LP Classic that sounds great. I'll have to adjust the pickup height and see if that will help.
Working...
X