wiring problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wiring problems!

alright, i installed the super distortion in my les paul but i think i may have messed up teh wiring. on the pot on the back, there are the three little things you solder wires onto the first is grounded the second one goes to the pickup switch and the 3rd goes to the tone pot. i wired the hot wire to the 2nd one and while it does give me the super D sound, the volume doesn't work anymore. no volume change at all when i turn the knob, and i dont know whats wrong. i was thinking of taking it to a local tech to check it out and tell me whats wrong, but before that i was hoping you guys could help me out.

-Jim

btw, do you think the pickup could be the problem? do you think it could be faulty? it wasn't like this with the Duncan Distortion i had in there before.

Re: wiring problems!

flip the hot wire from the pup to the 3rd connection that also goes to the tone pot.
    that should do it

Comment

thanks jeremy, i'll se what happens

Comment

Alright, me and my dad just checked it out and it seems that i ahve broken my pot
        I've always hated grounding, anyways so he's gonna get a new 500k one tomorrow

thanks though

Comment

Working...
        X