The original trembucker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The original trembucker

If I look at the tone chart I'd say it's like a JB but specially configured for a Tremolo equipped guitar. So that means less highs and more bass?
    Am I terribly wrong here?
    Would it pair up with a '59n?

Re: The original trembucker

Originally posted by Nightburst
    If I look at the tone chart I'd say it's like a JB but specially configured for a Tremolo equipped guitar. So that means less highs and more bass?
    Am I terribly wrong here?
    Would it pair up with a '59n?
    you are right on the money, it is like a JB but more bass and a not so ice picky treble.
    you can use any neck pup you want but the PAtb1 neck is more calibrated for the bridge one

Comment

Exelent! Thanks RG 2570. So, you own one?
      I love the JB in my RG but I always have the feeling that it should have more smoothness and bass. The '59 however is very fat, smooth but still gritty (probably because of the 2 extra ceramic magnets ) and has plenty of bass.
      I don't mind the looks of the PA trembuckers since I use plastic covers anyway.

Comment

I read this the third time this week but never before... I can't imagine it has the JB "feeling" but maybe i'm wrong....
        RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
        TS 7 (modded)
        Hot Rod 50+ XL
        Framus Dragon 4x12
        V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Thanks, anyone else who has experience with the PATB1?

Comment

i've never ran one nightburst but i do know where your coming from since we have a similar guitar setup.
            boreddddddddddd

Comment

Yeah you also have a JB in an RG right?
              I love the sound, great in the band mix but even then it can be on the bright side even with a 250K pot. I'll bet the JB will smoke in a heavy mahogany guitar.
              Does anyone know if the PATB1 has the same characteristics as the JB like the singing lead tone, harmonics?

Comment

Does anyone know if the PATB1 has the same characteristics as the JB like the singing lead tone, harmonics?
                While you're waiting for a reply, you can compare the two with the SD samples if you haven't already....

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

A link to the VERY LIMITED (Ladies) OPETH G-String!! ..Act Now!!!:bigthumb:
                This black g-string underwear has the famous "O" logo that Opeth has been using for some time now. The logo is silk screened onto the g-string and looks very sharp in yellow against the black field. ..These are a one-size-fits-most.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ
                  While you're waiting for a reply, you can compare the two with the SD samples if you haven't already....

Hand-crafted electric guitar pickups, acoustic guitar pickups, bass pickups and pedals. Helping musicians find their signature sound since 1976.

Thanks, and yeah I did listen to those samples. They sound very different, the JB has a lot more sparkle in the cleans but in those clips I like the PATB dirty better, nice thick tone. That also one of the reasons I made this post because the specs seem to be similar yet these pickups seem to be totally different. Also does anyone know how the cleans are on the PATB1? They sounded kinda dull in the SD soundclips.

Comment

I listen to the samples and i hear nothing which is similar to the JB. btw the JB has nothing similar with any other clips (dirty) imo.
                    I found the PATB1 clip more similar to the Custom clip...
                    Last edited by Marcel; 05-27-2004, 09:54 AM.
                    TS 7 (modded)
                    Hot Rod 50+ XL
                    Framus Dragon 4x12
                    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
                      I listen to the samples and i hear nothing which is similar to the JB. btw the JB has nothing similar with any other clips (dirty) imo.
                      I found the PATB1 clip more similar to the Custom clip...

Ditto. I found those two to sound very close if not the same as well.

Comment

Eh guys, I didn't say that... I said on the spec charts the PATB and the JB seemed similar. In the clips they sound totally different.
                        Anyone else?

Comment

Also I find the Custom clip to be very different from the PATB clip. The Custom has more of that 'hollow' PAF tone. But yeah both pickups sound real fat.

Comment

Also I find the Custom clip to be very different from the PATB clip. The Custom has more of that 'hollow' PAF tone. But yeah both pickups sound real fat.
                            hm yeah but the difference is much less then to the JB i wanted to say. i didn't check out all the clips but from those i listen to the custom was the closet to the PATB. btw i had the custom in my guitar and like the JB more..

I found the JB track is very special it' has so much more "sparkle" than the other clips. It sounds a bit thin on the first part of the riff imo..... like if you hit the string bad... I found this wired...

but i'm still interested in the main question - come on guys!!
                            TS 7 (modded)
                            Hot Rod 50+ XL
                            Framus Dragon 4x12
                            V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Working...
                            X