Need Wiring Schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Wiring Schematic

Im taking a 3pup (strat pickguard, 3 singles) with volume, tone and toggle to turn brigde pup off and on and converting it to traditional strat volume/tone/tone but, the bottom tone knob (bridge) is push pull so I can still turn it on to run all three with the 5 way in pos 4 or neck /bridge in pos 5.
    Can anyone help?? Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Need Wiring Schematic

Go to the Vault, check Stratdeluxer97's tutorial ( it has a great wiring diagram ). John is tops when it comes to the Strats !!! If that don't do it for ya, then try Mr.Gearhead.com .....lots of Strat wiring diagrams on there, too.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose
      Im taking a 3pup (strat pickguard, 3 singles) with volume, tone and toggle to turn brigde pup off and on and converting it to traditional strat volume/tone/tone but, the bottom tone knob (bridge) is push pull so I can still turn it on to run all three with the 5 way in pos 4 or neck /bridge in pos 5.
      Can anyone help?? Thanks!
      for one, YOU NEED TO REPHRASE THIS. single out everything you want to do like this:

-a push/pull that turns the bridge off

-yada yada

-fgsdgsgs

that kinda way, someone may come along and be able to help you, but for me to help, i need it to be a little clearer, thanks

Comment

Ok.
        Current setup:
        3 single coils, 1 volume, 1 tone, 5 way selector and 1 on/off switch to turn on the bridge pup when the 5 way is in postion 4 or 5. All 3 pups can be on at once.

What I want:
        3 singles, 1 volume, 2 tones, 5 way and the second tone will be a push pull to turn on the bridge pup with the selector in position 4 and 5.

I want a traditional strat look, but still want to be able to turn the bridge pup on with the neck or neck and middle.

Did that help? Thanks
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

This should be pretty simple. The on/off switch you have now should have two wires connected to it. Remove those, (and the switch), and reconnect one of them to the middle terminal of one side of the push/pull switch. Connect the remaining wire to the lug immediately above the one you just did. That gives you the bridge switch function.

For the new tone control, connect the middle lug, (wiper), of the push/pull pot to hot wire of whichever p'up you want to control, and take the end lug of the pot to one end of your cap - the other end of the cap then goes to ground.

Use this diagram as a reference:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...witch_mod.html

BTW - Some day, we should get together and jam!

Comment

Thanks Artie!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
            X