Custom 5 In A Strat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Custom 5 In A Strat?

I highly recommened the C-5 for a Strat or Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by fenderiarhs
      i tried the c5 in my floyd rose equipped strat and i must say i didn't like it very much.While i liked the fact it had enough bass to make up for the loss of bass frequencies caused by the floyd rose tremolo it didn't had enough mids to make my guitar be heard in the mix during rehearsals with my band.It had generous amounts of bass and treble but no mids.The CC cuts much better through the mix.I think the c5 is a a better choice for les pauls than strats
      In your signature it looks like you have a JB trembucker in your Floyd equiped Strat. Tell me about that vs. the Custom-Custom if you would...

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by nast2112
        So a PG is voiced in a way that would get me close to an 80s rock type sound like VH? As far as the DD, I've had it and it too is too distorted (like the Custom) probably since they both have a ceramic magnet.

Thanks
        Chris
        the pg will not sound good with a floyde rose trem. it sounds great with a vintage trem or hard tail guitar. floyds rob base and volumn so your gunna need a medium to hot out put pickup. if you dont like the deamon and you still like that gainey 80"s sound ide try the blues saraceno trem bucker. its hot enough to handle a floyd but still retain nice gainey crunchy tone. the full shred maybe a bit dark for you and the c5 maybe sound a bit scooped in the setup you got. i love that crunchy gain tone as well. cc has great mids but maybe a little weak on highs and lows. if your runnin thru a 4/12 cab it may not matter as that combo always adds base. try blues trem bucker couse Ime pretty sure thats what your after. I liked screamon deamon for my set up becouse its bright and accents the speakers clip. but Ime runnin thru a high gain amp head with a 4/12 or 2 2/12 cabs split so I had enough base already and I dont use that guitar for drop d stuff anyway.good luck

Comment

In your signature it looks like you have a JB trembucker in your Floyd equiped Strat. Tell me about that vs. the Custom-Custom if you would...

Chris
          Why not make yourself a Hybrid and see if you like it? Just match a Custom slug coil with a screw coil from either the 59B or the PGB....This gives you an 11k pickup with great articulation and the best of the custom and the 59 or PGB pickup...Start with the A2 and adjust to taste from there...I have this pickup in 2 guitars and love it....1 is in an alder/maple strat and the other is in my Love Rock Les Paul...It articulates well...You might like this pickup? Try it..The split tones are right around 7k in my strat and since the split coil is from the custom slug bobbin,I get pretty decent single coil tones with this pickup...It's pretty cool...It's not for everyone,but there are quite a few of us using the Hybrid with great results..

John
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
            Why not make yourself a Hybrid and see if you like it? Just match a Custom slug coil with a screw coil from either the 59B or the PGB....This gives you an 11k pickup with great articulation and the best of the custom and the 59 or PGB pickup...Start with the A2 and adjust to taste from there...I have this pickup in 2 guitars and love it....1 is in an alder/maple strat and the other is in my Love Rock Les Paul...It articulates well...You might like this pickup? Try it..The split tones are right around 7k in my strat and since the split coil is from the custom slug bobbin,I get pretty decent single coil tones with this pickup...It's pretty cool...It's not for everyone,but there are quite a few of us using the Hybrid with great results..

John
            I just ordered one from Bachtorock. I am going to make a C5 out of my Custom and perhaps even try a Custom-Custom from an A2, also. Knowing me I will even probably buy the Blues. I'm thinking the JB is not what I want, though.

Chris

Comment

I just ordered one from Bachtorock. I am going to make a C5 out of my Custom and perhaps even try a Custom-Custom from an A2, also. Knowing me I will even probably buy the Blues. I'm thinking the JB is not what I want, though.

Chris
              Thanks to Bachtorock for the great tips on the Hybrid...It must be a great pickup because I haven't taken either one of em out...I sometimes think about trying something else,but I don't so this says something about it.

John
              Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Chris
                in that particular strat i tried the CC,the C5, Dimarzio's tone zone, and then i went back to the JB.The CC had a very nice sweet treble and very prominent mids.....the reason i didn't like it is because of a certain lack in the bass department associated with the floyd rose tremolo.The JB still has the mids you need to cut through the mix and i find it has a better bass responce.It is a bit trebly but with a 250k tone pot and some eq on your amp you can make it sound very nice.

Comment

Working...
                X