banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

well it is decided and final, the custom in the bridge and the DDn in the neck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well it is decided and final, the custom in the bridge and the DDn in the neck!

after many a search and asked questions i decided on the custom/DDn combo to replace the wolfgang set.
    I would think i will be floored with these over the wolfgangs which were just not tight enough and more importantly NOT DUNCANS!
    anyone have any comments on this combo for rock to hard metal?

Re: well it is decided and final, the custom in the bridge and the DDn in the neck!

Well if my DDn ever shows up great. I use a Custom in the bridge and it's bloody awesome.

I just found out last night that Dave Kushner of Velvet Revolver uses a Custom.
    Originally posted by Pink Unicorn Horsey
    Dumbness on massive idiocy with the stupid dumb-dumbnity of ridiculous WTFation in the dumbass of you-idiot.
    Originally posted by Sosomething
    "How do I improve the tone of my ThrasherKidzz-O-Blaster combo??"

The answer is always "burn it, dumbass."

Comment

Re: well it is decided and final, the custom in the bridge and the DDn in the neck!

Originally posted by RG 2570
      after many a search and asked questions i decided on the custom/DDn combo to replace the wolfgang set.
      I would think i will be floored with these over the wolfgangs which were just not tight enough and more importantly NOT DUNCANS!
      anyone have any comments on this combo for rock to hard metal?

I don't have any experience with the DD in the neck but I'm certain you'll love the Custom in the bridge for that type of music...

Comment

I went with a DDn for two reasons i wanted a neck pup that was sorta like a air norton,fat and middy,but still has good bite i hope it works out,not many use them? i also like the fact that the cermic magnets are quieter through high gain amps.
        wasnt the DDn formally the seymourizer model years ago?

Comment

It was indeed the Seymourizer. Post a review and perhaps some clips on the DDn will ya? I've been thinking about getting one myself. And what guitar are you putting them into?
          Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
          Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
          Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
          Marshall 2x12 Vintage
          Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Originally posted by Neeradj
            It was indeed the Seymourizer. Post a review and perhaps some clips on the DDn will ya? I've been thinking about getting one myself. And what guitar are you putting them into?
            RG 2570

I will post a review on both pups as soon as they go in the guitar

Comment

Heh better luck this time around......

Comment

Hey I have used the DDn before I swapped it for a '59 (because it didn't pair up with a JB). The DDn is an awesome pickup with plenty of bass (not muddy) and a nice smooth lead tone. I can't remember anything else as it was some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                X