Pickup advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup advice

Hey guys just looking for some advice on new pickups. I have an Ibanez SCA220 (fixed bridge), 2 humbuckers, Mahogany body, rosewood fretboard and I'm looking for some hotter pickups. Right now I have stocks, V6's. What ever pickups I get they need to sound good with single coil splitting.

The tone wizard directed me towards the JB and 59 model. Are these okay for coil splitting?

Anybody got some other suggestions? I play a lot of heavy metal, hard rock and classic rock, but my cleans need to stay clean and sweet.

Thanks!

Re: Pickup advice

I would take the Jazz over the '59 for coil splitting.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

The JB is always a good go-to pickup. It's perfect for just about every style or need you have.
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

i think a jb/59 combo is very cool. a few manufacturers use that same setup

Comment

JB/59 combo is great, and provided you get the 4 conductor lead on the 59, you can split both of them and they sound great. I've got that very same setup in my Washburn Falcon.
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm thinking of taking the JB/59 or going Dimarzio with the Super Distortion/Super 2.

Any thoughts or advice??

Comment

go for the duncan set, it is more versitile imo. plus i know those sound good split.
              Cleveland Guitars

Comment

I personally wanted to do the same thing you are but i wanted JB/Jazz in Nickel covers. i just think that would look sweet with the black pearl of the SCA220.

enjoy
                -Greg

Guitars:
                2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
                2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
                2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
                Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

I think Duncan pups are a little quieter than Dimarzios. Just my own opinion, which means that it's worth as much as it costs.....
                  www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

A JB/Jazz set is definitely what you should give a shot. And remember, you can take them back and get something else if you don't like them.
                    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                    • G&L Tribute Comanche
                    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Working...
                    X