• Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Guitarist
    Mesa-ologist

• Guitarist
    replied
    Re: Replacing only one pickup?

Yep, very possible. Be a little concerned about output levels - that means looking at the tone charts and as well as considering raising and lowering pickups, but then that alters the attack, punch, and aggresiveness of the pickup. Just keep your ears open.

Leave a comment:

• strat_master
    Super Toneologist

• strat_master
    replied

my strat s liek that. It onyl has one hotrail pick up in the bridge the rest are stock pick ups. I dont really find it a problem because i never use two pick ups at the same time anyways im either on the bridge or at the neck pick up. I dont really mind for me even with this random black pick up in the brdge it loosk kidna cool.

Leave a comment:

• Hellion
    Mojo's Minions

• Hellion
    replied

I left the stock neck pup in my stupid Tele and replaced the bridge with a QP Tele. Haven't had any problems. I've done the same with other instruments of mine, also without complaint.

Leave a comment:

• italic zero
    Toneologist

• italic zero
    replied

If it's a different strength pickup, of course it will affect the balance between pickups, but unless there's a big difference it shouldn't matter.

Leave a comment:

• beandip
    Frito's Better Half

• beandip
    replied

yeah dude, you'll be cool.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    Super Simonologist

• JOLLY
    replied

it's fine to do

Leave a comment:

• Dills
    Ultimate Tone Member

• Dills
    started a topic Replacing only one pickup?

Replacing only one pickup?

Is it wrong to only replace one stock pickup in a guitar if you like the other, will it effect the balance between pups? Especially if blending both together I.e in the middle position. Can it stuff up the p ots or wiring?
Working...
X