• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    tekenten

• tekenten
    replied
    Re: Pickup problem

Is there a way that i can wax them myself? Since im not really sure if they are waxed or not, ill check if they are.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    Flushologist

• Scott_F
    replied

sounds like theymight not be Wax Potted. When you unscrew one of the pole pieces do you see a bit of light-colored wax? If not, that's your problem.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/website...rd/index.shtml will help you in choosing new Duncan pups. The only ones that are not wax potted are the seth lovers and the Antiquities.

Leave a comment:

• HolyDirt
    Toneologist

• HolyDirt
    replied

Originally posted by tekenten
    I have an epiphone custom guitar with gibson 83' pickups in it. They are really strong and bright but when i turn my rectifier up to a certain level i get bad feedback from the b or g string, i tried to adjust the poles, but i dont know how to do that correctly because i dont want to ruin the sound. Its bright on a clean channel which is really good, its just that i dont want all that feedback. Is there any pickup you would recommend that has a fat, strong sound?
    what KIND of fat strong sound? what kinda tone are you looking for? classic rock, modern, etc.?

Leave a comment:

• tekenten

• tekenten
    started a topic Pickup problem

Pickup problem

I have an epiphone custom guitar with gibson 83' pickups in it. They are really strong and bright but when i turn my rectifier up to a certain level i get bad feedback from the b or g string, i tried to adjust the poles, but i dont know how to do that correctly because i dont want to ruin the sound. Its bright on a clean channel which is really good, its just that i dont want all that feedback. Is there any pickup you would recommend that has a fat, strong sound?
Working...
X