magnet intensity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• magnet intensity?

I just received 2 single coil pickups in the mail from an auction purchase and when I unwrapped 'em they had been shipped in a clear plastic pickup box together, and with the magnets drawn together.
    Could this affect either or both of the magnets being stuck together like that for 3 days?
    I wouldn't think that's the best way to ship pickups, is it?

Re: magnet intensity?

no, it's cool. The mags should be the same strength.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by midnite_man
      I just received 2 single coil pickups in the mail from an auction purchase and when I unwrapped 'em they had been shipped in a clear plastic pickup box together, and with the magnets drawn together.
      Could this affect either or both of the magnets being stuck together like that for 3 days?
      I wouldn't think that's the best way to ship pickups, is it?
      Hello Bob....The pickups live their lives being close together in their magnetic fields on your guitar,so I wouldn't worry about it at all buddy...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. That's relieving to know.

Comment

Working...
        X