Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHR-1b Hot Rails for neck/middle?

Hails people,

Can anyone tell me yes you can for this - i recently bought myself a Duncan SHR-!b Hot Rails for Strat pup as i wanted to replace the stock single-neck in my Epiphone FAT 310 guitar and after buying realised its for bridge position

And i Already have a PAFpro on the bridge and dont want to replace it...what do i do, im in a spot here, can i put it in the middle position if not the neck(for neck it might sound muddy and trebly)...thats the most i can think off, and if do that will i be able to use it with the PAF (split coils?)

Please guys help me out here, Thanks a huge deal,

rayz
    Fender Sunn Mustang - highly rayz'd!
    Laney LX35R Combo
    ToneWorks AX10
    ...wish there was more but thats it

Re: SHR-1b Hot Rails for neck/middle?

man its been 4 days and i havent got a single reply! is the question too hard to answer or us it that you dont like my user nama!!!
    Laney LX35R Combo
    ToneWorks AX10

Comment

Love the user name.

rayz; If it were me, I think I'ld just install the p'up, and see how it sounds. I just put a pair of bridge p'ups in a guitar and they work great together. Generally, a bridge p'up is just wound a tad hotter than the neck. If its too overpowering, you may be able to "tone it down" with a carefully selected resistor in series with the hot lead.

Then again, you may love how it works.

Comment

Thanks a lot bud, i appreciate your suggestion, but the inner me wanted that pure neck tone, with that fluid pick attack not lost, i somehow managed to get it exchanged for a neck/middle version! and it rocks, nice and clean, its pretty versatile as opposed to what a lot of people have said about its sterility, its worth the cash i put in it, now if i could only get it to sqeal some bad ass harmonics!...
        Laney LX35R Combo
        ToneWorks AX10

Comment

I've used the Hot Rail bridge on and off through the years--I used it for recording in an old stock (save for the HR pickup, of course) 70's Strat--very percussive, fat but airy. Even though the pup is sensitive to touch, harmonics need to be coaxed out, usually by lowering the pickup away from the strings. But if you raise it higher, it starts to take on the essence of a neck pickup with more bite--rather like a Hendrix meets Black Sabbath tone--thick but with definition.

Comment

Working...
          X