Recommend me a new middle pickup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend me a new middle pickup

I've got a Distortion bridge, and cool rails neck in my Ibanez (see sig). And a little '59 in the middle. Anyone else ever use a '59 in the middle? What do you think? I'm not so sure I'm liking it. I might put another cool rails there, which I liked before, but what about single coils, say the duckbucker? This guitar is originally a s/s/h, and the problem I usually have with those is with 250k pots they tame the bucker too much, and with 500k, the single coils are too bright. So right now I have 3 buckers in there and I kind of like it. This guitar is used for progressive rock (think satriani), rock, blues, etc. It's a mahogany body with maple cap. The picture of the guitar is also in my profile.

What do you guys like for the middle position? It has to be a quiet pickup.

Re: Recommend me a new middle pickup

I've used a little 59 in the middle and I much prefer the cool rails as a middle pickup. The Duckbucker is pretty much identical to the vintage rails except for cosmetics. I've got a pair of vintage rails matched with a hot rails bridge in one of my Hamers. I would recommend getting a vintage rails if you want something a little different. You can get some great vintage tones out of that pickup (hence the name). Of course, if you want to go back to the cool rails, I would think that would be fine, too. Just for the sake of variety, though, I say vintage rails.
    Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

I think I might give the vintage rails a shot, I've always been curious about them anyway.

Comment

I think that you'll be very satisfied with the Vintage Rails. It is a very quiet pickup and will add some very nive cleans and vintage tones to your guitar, a good amount of versatility, too.
        Everything in this post is the sole opinion of the author. The author makes no claims that his word is final, only that the opinions expressed are those of the author and any similiarities to the opinions of others is purely coincidental.

Comment

evans single coils sound good ANYWHERE on a guitar and sound fantastic w/ duncans.
          The best kept secret in Rock'n'Roll
          Harder they come harder they fall
          They couldn't mess with my gang
          Can't suss our lingo and our slang
          They couldn't mess with my gang
          My gang's a Rock'n'Roll band

Comment

Working...
          X