Which has higher out put: CC or C5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which has higher out put: CC or C5?

Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of research on all of the SD pickups and I think the CC and C5 are the pups I've been looking for. Throaty, thick, not too thrashy, vintage, crunchy tone packin mofo's lol. I just want to know which one has a higher output? I'd like to take the one that has the higher output and put it in the neck position (since the neck position gives a brighter and more concentrated tone than the bridge), the neck is what I use for soling also, hence the reason I want the higher output in the neck
    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
    PRS McCarty STD
    '71 Gibson SG Custom
    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
    Vox AD15VT

Re: Which has higher out put: CC or C5?

the CC is higher, but only by a very, very little amount. not much at all, but it is.

Comment

Hmmm . . . doesn't the CC use an Alnico II, compared to the C5's Alnico 5?

I thought the C5 was higher output?

Edit: Ok, doing a little research, I see that the CC is higher. But that messes up my understanding of the magnets. I thought that a Custom, CC, and C5 were all the same pup but with different magnets, with the Alnico 5 being the strongest.

I must be wrong.
      Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-27-2004, 05:22 PM.

Comment

i dont think anybody could really tell the difference........i honestly could barely tell that the CC was hotter than a PG bridge...... differnce being the actual tone
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Because of the alnico v magnet, the C-5 will have slightly more output.
          www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
          www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
          http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

Originally posted by Robert S.
            Because of the alnico v magnet, the C-5 will have slightly more output.
            Thats what I would have thought also, but look at this chart segment from GuitarElectronics.com:

(Chart removed while awaiting for permission from GuitarElectronics to use.)

Its definitely showing the CC to be highest output, with the C5 at the bottom, with the Custom in between. Is this chart wrong?

Also, its funny that the C5 didn't make it on to SD's own spec table.
            Last edited by ArtieToo; 05-28-2004, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Aja, Aja...My favorite SD.

Yea, I was scratching my head the other day looking at that chart.
              Me and Neal's stage rig.

Comment

The CC & Custom sound louder than the C5 (in certain guitars through certain amps) because of the mid content. Since the C5 has a "scoop" in the mids it "pushes" less.

I have found the CC to actually push more than the JB even though the JB is "technically" louder with a higher DC resistance.
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                Rig: Gibson SG's > Peterson Strobostomp > Guyatone SV-2 Slow Volume > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > MXR '74 Phase 90 > Barber Tone Press > Barber Tone Pump > Skreddy Pink Flesh > Boss DM-2 > Maxon GE601 Graphic EQ > Reverend Kingsnake
                buggjuice.net
                MySpace: Mac-P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                X