banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender fat 50's vs. 57/62 pickups in 1962 strat reissue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender fat 50's vs. 57/62 pickups in 1962 strat reissue?

I just bought a Fender 1962 american vintage reissue in alpine white with the rosewood fingerboard.

Planning on putting a seymour duncan SSL-3 hot in the bridge and contemplating Fender custom shop Fat 50's for the neck and middle instead of the stock 57/62 pickups?

How do you think the stock 57/62 compare against the fat 50's with the SSL-3 Hot in the bridge? Good choice? Play primarily hard and alternative rock/blues.

PLanning on also puting 5 way switch option and locking sperzel tuner and straplocks. Also putting push pull on volme knob to turn on neck pickup in any position.

Thanks,

Steve
    Steve Semich

Re: Fender fat 50's vs. 57/62 pickups in 1962 strat reissue?

The fat 50s can be compared to duncan A2Pros in that they are very full sounding pickups. To me, they sound like good texas specials (without so much mids).

The 57/62s are my favorite Fender pickup, along with the Custom Shop 69s. the 57/62s ahve a little darkness to the tone, but are also complex and sweet. The 69s are more hi-fi, with more bottoms and crystal clear, glassy mids and highs.
    Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Think I ought to keep the 57/62 in there and put the ssl-3 in the bridge?

Thanks...
      Steve Semich

Comment

I have the Fat 50s in my Mexican Strat, and I like them a lot. The only problem I have is that they're calibrated to work as an old fashioned Strat set. When I set the bridge pickup to get my tone - full and rocking considering its a Strat bridge pickup, the other pickups sound murky. The SSL3 should help that.

Comment

you might want to try the antiquity custom bridge. It has a less icy sound to it imo.
          Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Working...
          X