TBX tone control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TBX tone control

I found an old TBX pot at my work, so I thought I'd throw it in my guitar since no one plans on using it. The problem is is that it dosnt have the resistor. I know I should use an 82k resistor, but the closest I could find was a 100k. Will this work ok? or am I gonna F somethin up cause I put too much of a load (I dunno) on the pot? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Re: TBX tone control

Originally posted by beandip
    I found an old TBX pot at my work, so I thought I'd throw it in my guitar since no one plans on using it. The problem is is that it dosnt have the resistor. I know I should use an 82k resistor, but the closest I could find was a 100k. Will this work ok? or am I gonna F somethin up cause I put too much of a load (I dunno) on the pot? Any help is greatly appreciated.
    You won't mess anything up, but you'll have much more dramatic results if you you the HPF/LPF set up ... you know that sheet you down-loaded ... yeah, I'm the guy that drew it up and listed two of my mods along with the stock, and one by Doc ... a buddy of Ahola's ... Have no idea who he is (credit is given in the copyright notice). My advice is A) don't use the bandpass that I have there, as that was set up for a specific application with other active components (unless you dig having all your bass and treble sucked away). However, Ahola himself stated that prehaps a 130k~150k resistor might be a bit better than the 220k listed in Doc's mod. Never tried theirs , something tells me it's more subtle than the TBX stock.
    The *lower* value resistor will load you pups down more, than the *higher* valued resistor. That's if you want the normal TBX's function ... Truth be told I find it a bit subtle, you'll probably like the HPF/LPF design better ... especially if you plan on using it on the neck pup. I think myself & Ahola came up with that at about the same time ... The cap value on the bass cut side (1nF cap.) should be adjusted to taste, as should the treble cut (.01uF cap.) side of the control. But no, you won't screw anything up per se'. maybe if used on the bridge pup say, a 2nF cap on the bass cut side, and a .033uF on the treble cut side. Again, ...pups, amps, style(s), personal taste ... that sort of thing dictates that stuff.
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

thanks kent, I thought it was you since I was reading the copyright and I saw your name. "hmmm.....that looks familer"
      This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

Originally posted by beandip
        thanks kent, I thought it was you since I was reading the copyright and I saw your name. "hmmm.....that looks familer"
        .......... ...................Your welcome ...
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
        X