Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need defaut Humbucker settings

High yall

I got my Hamer Atrist Custom the other night. It is beautiful and it sounds great.

Looking at the Seths it seams the previous ovner was really into fooling arround with the hieght of the Seth and the poles . It sounds really good but I was wondering what it would sound like "stock"

It would be great if you could fill me in on how it should be and how to get it there.
    Keep in mind I would probably not understand any tech stuff. Keep it simple please.

Thanks
    Lou

His Grace is Amazing

Re: Need defaut Humbucker settings

Lou, if someone has messed with the pole pieces, just screw em all back up or down, so that they rest just on top of the cover, all even, and then adjust em according to your taste ( if ya want more Bass, raise the poles on those strings a bit, ...more treble, raise em on those strings a bit.....less bite, lower the poles on the treble side a bit, etc... ). I know some people set the pole pieces to reflect the curvature of the fingerboard. If you're talking pickup height, I always set my Bridge pickups so that when I fret the strings at the very last fret, the strings are just above the pickup. I set my neck pickups so that the top of the cover is just flush with the top of the pickup mounting ring. You can also raise or lower one end of the pickup, so that it is at an angle...it's all just a matter of taste, really. With Seths, I'd think you'd want the pickups even ( not at an angle ), then adjust the pole pieces to your taste. This makes the most sense to me.
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Originally posted by 59paul
      Lou, if someone has messed with the pole pieces, just screw em all back up or down, so that they rest just on top of the cover, all even, and then adjust em according to your taste ( if ya want more Bass, raise the poles on those strings a bit, ...more treble, raise em on those strings a bit.....less bite, lower the poles on the treble side a bit, etc... ). I know some people set the pole pieces to reflect the curvature of the fingerboard. If you're talking pickup height, I always set my Bridge pickups so that when I fret the strings at the very last fret, the strings are just above the pickup. I set my neck pickups so that the top of the cover is just flush with the top of the pickup mounting ring. You can also raise or lower one end of the pickup, so that it is at an angle...it's all just a matter of taste, really. With Seths, I'd think you'd want the pickups even ( not at an angle ), then adjust the pole pieces to your taste. This makes the most sense to me.

That makes sense thanks.
      His Grace is Amazing

Comment

Glad to be of help, you're welcome !!!!
        Only The Strong Survive

Comment

Working...
        X