Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JB Help

Im getting a JB put in tomorrow
    Is the Classic Cover JB, the same as the original JB.... or is it inferior...
    Im getting it in my Maton Mastersound which has crome pickups, so it would look nice to have the classic cover JB, but i really want some other peoples opinion on what to get cos I dont really care about looks, just sound, and durability

Also they do have both in stock...thanks for the help, louise

Re: JB Help

I have it with the classic cover and it sound very good!! I had tried full, split and parallel and all great. I have to say that i have never tried the JB without the cover...

In the neck I have the '59 clasic cover and I love look of the guitar with them.

Comment

There is a very small difference but not enough for me to worry about if you like the look of the classic cover go for that one, looks count as well and you my not even notice the slight difference
      This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
      Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
      Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
      Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Comment

The slight difference that people hear in covered vs. uncovered pickups is probably due to the distance of the magnet to the strings, or the polepieces themselves. You need to remove the pole pieces to get the cover off, then you put them back in, and its hard to get them exactly the same way they were before. Even a slight change in polepiece height will change your tone.

Also, You can get the pickup closer to the strings with the cover off, and adjust the pole pieces differently, to get a similar tone to what you think you heard with the covers on (or off, as the case may be).
        Gibson ES-335 (stock '57 Classics)*Warmoth Tele (PGn/Brobuckerbridge) *Fender American Strat w/DiMarzio Fast Track Is*Fender Princeton Reverb*Martin D-28*Favorite effects-Maxon AD80*80s Ibanez TS-9*80s Boss OD-1*Fulldrive 2*Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive and MicroVibe-Maxon AF-9*Vox Wah

Comment

Working...
        X